Klaipeda State University of Applied Sciences (KSUAS) is the third-largest university of applied sciences in Lithuania with strong academic reputation. The initial target of the KSUAS is an ensuring of high quality of academic teaching and research facilities. KSUAS focuses on study programs that lead to a profession. The graduates of KSUAS gain professional Bachelor degree. The studies are practice orientated; students are able to successfully apply their knowledge in a real working environment.
KSUAS is ternary – consists of three faculties: Business, Technologies and Health Sciences. A variety of scientific research as well as different projects and consulting activities are executed here. Also plenty of contracted research on a ground of technologies, biomedicine, physical, social, humanitarian, arts are administrated.
The Faculty of Business offers study programmes in accounting, finance, administration of institutions, companies and tourism; logistics, sports & cultural events, business, wellness serves management; as well as pre-primary and pre-school pedagogy. There are 899 students studying there.
The Faculty of Technologies provides programmes in different technical professions such as construction, mechanical engineering, geodesy, landscape design, informatics and informatics engineering, food technology, transport logistics technologies, electric and automatic equipment and technical maintenance of automobile. There are 1042 students in this Faculty.
In the Faculty of Health Sciences students can choose general practice nursing, beauty therapy, physiotherapy, dental hygiene, dental assistant, dietetics as well as social work for their studies. There are 1055 students here.
On the 1 September, 2016, Rietavas Study Center was established, where study programmes of social and technology sciences are provided: electric and automatic engineering, technical maintenance of automobile, geodesy, agribusiness technologies, informatics engineering, ornamental greenery, accounting, and business management. There are 194 students here.
There are four business practical learning enterprises (BPLE) in KSUAS where an activity of Business Company can be simulated. There are four typical departments: personnel, purchase, sales and marketing, finance and accounting in a BPLE. Everything is “real” in a BPLE (financial documents, agreements, tax tariffs, applying legal acts, currency exchange rates etc.).
KSUAS is equipped with modern laboratories, libraries and other fitment.
KSUAS collaborates with number of educational institutions in different countries. It has an Erasmus University Charter (EUC) and is an active participant in the ERASMUS+.
- It is a non-profit seeking organization that has a status of a legal body, own management and a bank account;
- It helps to maintain relationships with other colleges and universities;
- It is a member of Lithuanian Student Council;
- It helps to solve students’ problems and questions, participates in community meetings;
- More information on: www.kvksa.lt
ERASMUS STUDENT NETWORK
ESN KUK is a part of the biggest student association in Europe called Erasmus Student Network which is present in more than 521 Higher Education Institutions in 41 Countries.
ESN goals are:
- to create the environment for personal improvement based on the principle “students helping students”;
- improve the social and cultural integration of international students;
- promote students’ mobility and its accesibility;
- help students’ reintegration into community after their studies abroad;
- promote voluntary activities and active public spirit;
- More information on: www.esn.org or firstname.lastname@example.org