Modern health care cannot be imagined without the important and significant contribution of nurses. In the training of general practice nurses, we aim for graduates to become highly professional nursing professionals who, while working, put the latest nursing science knowledge and technologies into practice and raise the professional level of nursing. The professional activity of a nurse is a complex interdisciplinary process involving theory and practice, i. y. the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired by the nurse are the means that are applied in the context of the professional activity of the nurse in acquiring a quality professional choice. Well-paid, attractive, popular – these are the arguments followed by most students choosing the profession of general practice nurse.
General Practice Nursing programme is characterized by the integration of theoretical and practical studies. During practical studies, real situations are simulated, which imitate patients and their care in a hospital environment, i.e. real medical environment. The simulation of care procedures enables to create various clinical situations in a student safe environment without any harm to the patient. Artificial patients and body parts, such as mannequins are used. Practical studies are carried out in small groups with a possibility to acquire practical skills not only in clinical simulation laboratories but also in real working environments: hospitals of various profiles, healthcare centres, communities and patient home environment. 50 % of studies is devoted to practical training. Students have a possibility to finish part of the studies abroad. Study programme is distinct for internationality and close cooperation relations with foreign partners.
To make application for studies, applicants have to:
- Apply in https://apply.kvk.lt/;
- Add motivation statement;
- Add colorful and good quality copies of secondary education (or any other) documents (additional educational documents might be required according to applicant’s country of residence);
- Add a copy of the passport;
- Add a valid document confirming the level of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.);
- Add a recognition document of secondary school diploma issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education in Lithuania (SKVC) (if you do not have this statement, we will evaluate your documents);
- Add a receipt, certifying payment of the non-refundable Application fee (120 EUR) to the KVK account.
All documents must be translated into Lithuanian or English language (if issued in different language).
BANK DETAILS FOR APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT:
Beneficiery: Klaipeda State University of Applied Sciences, 111968056
Bank Name: AB Swedbank
Account Number: LT80 7300 0100 7417 8978
Bank SWIFT Code: HABALT22
Payment purpose: Application Fee [applicants’ name surname]
We require minimum B1 level in English language level from all applicants. Assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level 3. If an applicant does not have such document, English language level will be estimated remotely by KVK staff member. If secondary education was provided fully in English language, then applicant needs to provide confirmation from the school regarding it.