Social work is one of the youngest specialties in the world, counting only 100 years of existence. And in Lithuania, this specialty has been known and practiced for just over 20 years. To study social work should choose those who want to aquired specialty which will not allow them to feel routine in their daily work, because every working day will be different. Challenges await the social worker, new opportunities for self-expression, development of working methods and forms, establishment of new relationships with those who ask for help and want to help them. Each day is marked by a desire to work with all professions for the noble goal of helping. While working in social work, one can experience fullness, feel the meaning of life and, most importantly, feel needed, because the most important thing in this work is the opportunity to help the weakest members of society in every possible way.
Students are encouraged to acquire international study experience of social work when choosing studies abroad (from 1 semester to 1 academic year through the exchange programmes). General competences and subject competences (ability to solve complex problems, critical thinking, creativity, human resource management, teamwork, emotional intelligence, decision making reception, service orientation, negotiation skills)are promoted and deepened in non-formal way (professional practice, competitions for mastery, national and international project activities).
To make application for studies, applicants have to apply online HERE:
- Add motivation statement;
- Add colorful and good quality notarized copies of secondary education (or any other) documents (additional educational documents might be required according to applicant’s country of residence);
- Add colorful and good quality notarized copy of the passport;
- Add a valid document confirming the level of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, LanguageCert IESOL B1+, etc.).
- Add (at least) 1 recommendation;
- Add a proof, certifying payment of the non-refundable Application fee (120EUR) to the KVK account (details are written below);
- Additionally, add recognition document of secondary school diploma (if you had your documents evaluated by SKVC before 14 May 2021). In other case, your secondary education documents will be evaluated by KVK staff member.
- Additionally, add statement regarding work experience, if any.
All documents must be translated into Lithuanian or English language (if issued in different language) and notarised.
BANK DETAILS FOR APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT:
Beneficiery: Klaipėdos valstybinė kolegija, 111968056
Bank Name: AB Swedbank
Account Number: LT80 7300 0100 7417 8978
Bank SWIFT Code: HABALT22
Payment purpose: Application Fee [applicants’ name surname]
We require minimum B1 level in English language level from all applicants. Assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level 3. If an applicant does not have such document, English language level will be estimated remotely by KVK staff member. If secondary education was provided fully in English language, then applicant needs to provide confirmation from the school regarding it.