- Lithuania is a modern northern European country.
- Lithuania is a member of the European Union.
- Foreigners are welcome and English is widely spoken.
- Lithuania is a country of the fastest and cheapest internet connection in the European Union!
- Comfortable location to travel and sightsee the entire region.
WHY LITHUANIAN UNIVERSITIES?
- Over 600 study programmes taught in English.
- Internationally recognized diplomas.
- Long-standing tradition of higher education and openness for innovations.
- Affordable living and great value for money.
- Working opportunities during studies and possibility to stay in the country for 15 months afterwards to look for a job.
Throughout its history Lithuania has developed a unique culture, which encompasses both – deep respect for traditions and robust desire to innovate.
While Lithuania has a population of about 3 million people, there are at least another million living in other countries – USA, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, etc.
Some might say that it is a difficult language to learn because of some aspects of its grammar and phonology, but you can try yourself!
• When on a date, bring an odd number of flowers. An even number is only suitable for funerals!
• When travelling by bus – always mark your ticket! The conductors are not always forgiving.
• If you receive good service – leave tips! The usual practice is to give at least 10% of the total.
• Always be on time! Lithuanians tend to value each other’s time and punctuality is encouraged.
• Don’t consume alcohol in parks, squares and other public places. It is prohibited by law!
• Don’t litter in public places. You will get fined!
• Don’t kiss a person when greeting them if you do not know them well. It is more common to shake hands in Lithuania first.
• Don’t get into a waiting taxi. If you call it by phone or online app, it will take you to your destination at a much lower rate.