The aim of the program is to educate specialists for practical public health management activities, research, pedagogical work and/or public health doctoral studies. The programme is intended for graduates already holding a bachelor’s or master’s degree, who are seeking to broaden their understanding and knowledge in the field of health care management.
AFTER GRADUATION YOU CAN:
- Work in managerial positions of health care and public health provider institutions at local, national or international levels
- Serve at health-related NGOs, public health projects, actions and initiatives, as well as WHO Europe and different European health policy institutions
- Work at pharmaceutical and insurance industry
- Play leadership roles in the health care system
- Pursue a professional career in research and teaching in the field of health care management
Programme structure (what you will learn each year):
Public Health and Health Care, Management and Organizational Governance, Health Ethics and Human Relations, Health Policy and Strategy, Health Impact Assessment, Applied Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Qualitative Research Methods, Research Work.
Health Information Management, Health Economics and Applied Finances, Health Law, Health Care Organization Practice, Preparation and Defence of Master’s Thesis.
WHY STUDY MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AT LSMU?
- Studies at the largest School of Public Health in the Baltic countries
- Diploma recognized in EU, USA and other countries
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 76 different countries make up nearly 20% of the total student body at LSMU
- This program gives the skills to understand the concept and practice of health management, to look across borders and to learn from practices elsewhere. Moreover, program helps to acquire public health and health care leadership competencies required for policymaking and development at organizational, regional, national and European level
- Possibility to study in double degree program, which is a joint study scheme within two universities, resulting in acquiring two Master diplomas in two years of studies: Lithuanian University of Health Sciences and Maastricht University (Netherlands), Master program Governance and Leadership in European Public Health
- Possibility to spend a semester or a year abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange programme
- Support system for students’ adaptation mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling