The bachelor programme in Music production is unique in the region. It aims at giving all necessary creative training to contemporary music producers, including everything they need in their successful professional career. Everything you learn is designed to help starting and managing a successful music career. You will create real life projects accommodated and fitted to the on-going possibilities at the university (performing at live events, media compositions, music concerts) and built around student’s needs. The programme is mainly based on practice, thus you will study a wide range of topics – including music composition and musical structure for music production, practical music harmony and melodies, enhancing recording skills in studio and live situations, mixing and mastering techniques, marketing skills – with the ultimate aim to create a successful music portfolio of your own innovative, professional compositions.
On the BA (Hons) Music Production programme, you will have the opportunity to produce your music in 3 professional sound studios equipped up to the industry standard. You will receive training on Logic Studio software, and use Avid Pro Tools, Ableton and Final Cut Pro. Our lecturers have professionally worked in media industry and gained experience abroad. Most of the staff is involved in various activities of creative industries (composers, sound designers, researches, technicians, video artists, producers), so their latest practice can be quickly incorporated into the course.
Feedback of lecturers
“World standard music production studies in Lithuania, many years of experience and new opportunities“
Assoc. prof. dr. Tomas Pabedinskas, the head of Contemporary Art Department, faculty of Arts, Vytautas Magnus University
“I believe and hope, that the academic experience will help me to realize and will let me to create the works, which I have been dreaming about for a long time”
Professional singer, the graduate of Music Production programme Martynas Kavaliauskas
The covered study areas include:
- Compositional and technical skills
- Research skills
- Exploration of the creative uses of sound manipulation
- Developing knowledge of critical and contextual language in relation to specific areas of music production, DJ practice and live performance
- Developing and understanding of recording skills
- Methodology in mixing and mastering
- Examination of industry marketing strategies and their successful application in your business model
- Creating your music promotion and marketing strategies
- Creating a functioning website with an end user in mind
Graduates of Music Production programme will be able:
- to pursue studies in Master’s programs within VMU or other universities;
- to become a freelance composer or music producer, sound designer
- to work as an arranger, orchestrator.
- to become a recording engineer and work in TV, Radio or Freelance
- to become a teacher in music production in the academic/ education system
- to work on other positions in audiovisual media industry with emphasis on sound and music