The call for applications for 2021-2022 short-term studies is now CLOSED!
Type of scholarship: Short term (1-2 semesters) studies
Number of scholarships: 25
Studies can be arranged: The list of Lithuanian higher education institutions and study programmes of all study fields are available on www.studyin.lt/universities/.
Scholarships for short-term studies in Lithuania offered for candidates who are students of higher education institutions of the following countries:
• The Eastern Partnership countries: Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia.
• ASEM countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
• Lithuania priority export market countries: the USA, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Turkey, South Africa Republic.
2. The candidate has to be a student of a higher education institution of the particular country mentioned above.
3. The candidate has to have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study the chosen study programme (the minimum of B2 level of study language according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required).
• The exact sum of the total amount allocated for the candidate will be calculated according to the number of days that the specific month consists of, thus slight variations in the monthly scholarship might occur. The scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
• Tuition fee for studies will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
• The maximum amount of the tuition fee will be determined by the normative costs that are approved by the Minister of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania.
• Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
• Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
1. Completed application form (through the online application system);
2. The Conditional Agreement for Studies (the form must be added to the application form as an attachment using this template form (please open the link in a new tab) – it must be completely filled in and signed by three parties: candidate, a responsible person at the sending and receiving institutions). Recommendations for filling out the Conditional Agreement (please open the link in a new tab);
3. One recommendation letter filled and signed by a professor or other academic staff, tutor or employer (provided through the online application system or added to the application form as an attachment using this template form (please open the link in a new tab)).
4. Certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian (or another language required by the host institution). TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or other widely recognized exams of English proficiency are acceptable. If the candidate does not hold any of those certificates, then a signed letter confirming the proficiency in the language from the home university’s professor of English or Lithuanian is also acceptable.
Required additional documents must be completed in English or Lithuanian language only (or with certified translations into one of these languages).
Regarding additional documents – please add all required documents to the application form through the online application system. The online application system will be closed at 11.59 p.m. Vilnius European time on the 16th of April, 2021.
21st of May 2021 – e-mail notification will be sent regarding the results of all short-term studies in Lithuania.
Education Exchanges Support Foundation
Rožių al. 2 Vilnius, LT-03106,
Phone: +370 699 65262; +370 667 59894