The call for applications for 2023-2024 short-term studies is now CLOSED!
Type of scholarship: Short term (1-2 semesters) studies
Number of scholarships: up to 35
Studies can be arranged: The list of Lithuanian higher education institutions and study programmes of all study fields are available on www.studyin.lt/universities/.
Scholarships for short-term studies in Lithuania offered for candidates who are citizens of the following countries:
• The Eastern Partnership countries: Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia.
• ASEM countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
• Lithuania priority export market countries: the USA, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Turkey, South Africa Republic.
• Foreigners of Lithuanian origin.
1. has to receive an official approval of acceptance (Conditional Agreement) from the chosen Lithuanian higher education institution.
2. must be a citizen of the particular country mentioned in the list above.
3. must be a student of the higher education institution abroad.
4. has to have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study the chosen study programme (the minimum of B2 level of study language according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required).
5. Priority will be given to the applicants who are foreigners of Lithuanian origin. Candidates must submit a certificate or other document proving their Lithuanian origin, issued by the Lithuanian community of a respective country or other competent authority (such as an embassy or similar).
Note: priority equals to 1 extra point to the competition score of the selection.
• The exact sum of the total amount allocated for the candidate will be calculated according to the number of days of the short-term studies, thus slight variations in the monthly scholarship might occur. The scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarship cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.
• Tuition fee for studies will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the Lithuanian higher education institution. The maximum amount of the tuition fee will be determined by the standard study prices that are approved by the Minister of Education, Science and Sports of the Republic of Lithuania.
• More information about financial conditions.
1. Completed application form (through the online application system).
2. The Conditional Agreement for Studies (the form must be added to the application form as an attachment using this template form. (Please open in a new tab; if you are using Google Chrome browser, please open in a new window and press “Enter” on the address bar). It must be completely filled in and signed by three parties: a candidate, responsible persons at the sending and receiving institutions). The programme of short-term studies specified in the study agreement must consist of at least 30 credits per semester. It is not applicable for candidates of the third study cycle. Recommendations for filling out the Conditional Agreement (Please open in a new tab; if you are using Google Chrome browser, please open in a new window and press “Enter” on the address bar).
3. One recommendation letter (provided through the online application system or added to the application form as an attachment. It is recommended to use this template form). (Please open in a new tab; if you are using Google Chrome browser, please open in a new window and press “Enter” on the address bar).
4. Certificate of proficiency in English or Lithuanian (or another language required by the host institution) certifying a minimum of a B2 level of command of the language of instruction according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or other widely recognized exams of English proficiency are acceptable. If the candidate does not hold any of those certificates, then a signed letter confirming the proficiency (a minimum of a B2 level) in the language from the home university’s professor of English or Lithuanian is also acceptable.
5. Letter of motivation (must be filled in via the online application system).
6. For foreigners of Lithuanian origin: candidates must submit a certificate or other document proving his/her Lithuanian origin, issued by the Lithuanian community of a respective country or other competent authority (such as an embassy or similar).
Required additional documents must be completed in English or Lithuanian language only (or with certified translations into one of these languages).
Regarding additional documents – please add all required documents to the application form through the online application system. The online application system will be closed at 11.59.59 p.m. Vilnius European time on the 8 May 2023.
Candidates will be informed about the selection results by e-mail no later than 1 July 2023.
Education Exchanges Support Foundation
Rožių al. 2 Vilnius, LT-03106,