By choosing this study program, you will boldly and confidently analyze modern economic and financial processes, learn about the economic challenges and best practices of other countries, it will become easy to understand and calculate financial indicators. The lecturers of this program pay a lot of attention to discussions and listen to each student, which will allow you to have a clear opinion, strong arguments and communicate based on logical thinking. While studying Economics and Finance you will analyze various indicators important both for the organization and the country, and with strong English language skills it will open wide opportunities for you in Lithuania and international labor market.
Feedback of lecturers and students
„I am very motivated to study and can recommend Economics and Finance studies to others, because nowadays economy has a big impact worldwide, so when you have the proper knowledge you can use those skills wherever you work.“ – student of Economics and Finance study programme Madan Mohan Sarkar;
„At the university, knowledge is conveyed in a high-quality and comprehensible way, here I got to know modern, qualified professors who not only know their work and methods, but also create the right atmosphere. Here I become a receptive, intelligent and active person.“ – Economics and Finance study programme alumna Gintarė Mickevičiūtė
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply theories and knowledge of economics and finance that is sufficient for critical thinking during construction of research design and discussions with professional audience.
- Apply theories of management, and marketing together with recent economic knowledge in interdisciplinary studies of economic and finance issues and discussions with various audiences.
- Assess and forecast changes of economic and financial indicators of organizations, countries and multi-national regions using mathematical, statistical analysis, econometrics knowledge and methods creatively.
- Plan and conduct research, to interpret and conclude the findings in the context of everyday life of organizations and entire economy by using sense thinking.
- Collect and summarize primary, secondary and tertiary data relevant to solve economic, financial, social, ethical problems of organizations and countries.
- Communicate in economic analysis context using English language, produce and deliver economic, financial and business information to various audiences, give their own views, participate in negotiations and work efficiently in cross-cultural environment.
- Take responsibility for continuous learning and formal and informal professional development that is necessary to continue their studies and manage the career.
The graduates of Economics and Finance programme will be prepared to work as economists and finance specialists, economic analysts in business organizations that work in European or global markets, banks and other financial institutions, governmental institutions that deal with international relations, international business, economic and financial organizations. Graduates of this program work in such international organizations as: Ernst and Young, Swedbank, Western Union Processing Lithuania, Lintel and others.
- A high school diploma
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English. After admission, all students have to take English language test at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level is below B2 students will have to study English to reach C1 level (in first four semesters of Bachelor studies).
- Motivation letter and interview
- Admission score counting is based on: Arithmetic average of high school diploma supplement * 0.7 + motivation letter and interview * 0,3.