Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is a public university established in 1922. Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where a comprehensive liberal arts education is imparted. Students can change and organize their schedule freely, minor in one field and major in another, travel abroad on international exchange, and get ready for those trips by taking some of the available 30 foreign language courses. As a reflection of global academic trends, more and more lectures (separate courses and even whole study programmes) are taught in English by professors from abroad.
VMU works with many universities and scientists around the globe, implementing projects, student and employee exchanges, and improving our study and research system. It is an international and multilingual institution that continuously develops global networks and intercultural dialogues, participates in international scientific, academic, and social projects, encourages lecturer and student mobility, and promotes dialogue and tolerance.
APPLICATION DEADLINES OF 2023 AUTUMN INTAKE
- June 1 –for applicants from non-EU/EFTA countries that do not have Lithuanian Embassies in their countries
- July 1 – for applicants that are not required to obtain a national visa for arrival to Lithuania, as well as for non-EU/EFTA applicants with Lithuanian Embassies in their home countries
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS:
- Various scholarships: cover tuition fees, academic achievements, etc.
- Guaranteed accommodation in the university’s dormitory for the first study year
- Monthly expenses (living, transportation, food, etc.) ~ 450 EUR
- Mentor support system, variety of students’ clubs & organizations
- Baltic Summer University (BSU) – a variety of summer schools to choose from
More information – Student guidebook
QS World University Rankings – #801-1000
QS Emerging Europe and Central Asia 2022“ (QS EECA) – #61
QS Graduate Employability Ranking – #301-500