Ph.D. studies in the area of Biology at LSU started in 1993. In 2011, joint doctoral studies in Biological Sciences at Lithuanian Sports University and the University of Tartu (Estonia) were launched. Joint LSU and UT Ph.D. studies in Biology consolidated research in the area of Biology, and they ensure more integrated and substantial investigations of scientific problems in biology.
Research of doctoral students in Biological Sciences involves many branches of biology: Physiology / Biomechanics / Bioinformatics / Histology / Genetics / Animal anatomy and morphology / Animal Physiology / Endocrinology / Immunology / General pathology / Gerontology / Biochemistry / Neurology / Anatomy/morphology / Epidemiology / Molecular Biophysics
|1||Systems Theory and Methodology (mandatory)||15||LSU|
|2||Advanced exercise physiology||10||LSU|
|3||Biological Basis of Locomotion||3||TU|
|4||Basics and Principles in Research Methodology in Sports and Exercise Science||3||TU|
|5||Physiology of physical capacity||5||LSU|
|6||Muscular blood flow and sports performance||5||LSU|
|7||Applied computerized statistics||5||LSU|
|8||Ethics and Methodology of Science||6||TU|
|9||Physical activity and Health||3||TU|
|10||Molecular and Cell Biology||6||TU|
Documents to be submitted
- An application was addressed to the Rector of the University to participate in the competition.
- A signed Curriculum Vitae.
- Master’s Diploma or a diploma/ certificate equivalent to it and its Supplement (originals will be returned straightaway after official registration) .
- A list of published scientific articles and their copies (or a letter from the Editorial Board of a journal certifying that the article to be published has been accepted).
- An essay on each selected topic (in the English language).
- A copy of an identity card or a passport page containing personal details.
- A photo of the size 3×4 cm.
- A payment receipt.
- A copy of a document confirming the change of the surname.
- Certificates issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education on the academic recognition of foreign higher education qualification (if the qualification has been obtained in a foreign higher education institution).
Autumn Intake Deadline