To train a competent music educator, researcher and a leader, who has acquired fundamental and applied research-based knowledge in music education, music expression, artistic leadership and managerial competences and who is capable of grounding formal and informal music education practice on evidence as well as improving it.
Students will be able to:
- critically analyse and systemise new educational ideas, to independently develop contemporary theories and trends of music education from the perspective of philosophy, psychology, educational sciences and considering a social aspect, to creatively use achievements of other sciences in music education, educational practice and conducted educational research.
- apply the newest music information and communication technologies, introducing innovative methods of music education, modern conceptions of integrated arts education while improving the quality of music education.
- apply the newest methodology of educational research, innovative research methods, to initiate and independently carry out research in music education as well as projects for music education improvement that are necessary for introduction on innovation and improvement of educational activities.
- interpret the research results in the context of achievements in other sciences, to apply the obtained results in the broader professional context, to prepare recommendations for education policy makers, administrators, communities regarding changes in the practice of education in general and music education.
- develop and creatively apply abilities of music expression, innovative didactic systems of music education, methodology of educational project development in his/her practical activity, to form interdisciplinary teams for development and implementation of projects, to envisage and critically evaluate realities of contemporary music education in the intercultural context.
- create, evaluate and improve curricular, new forms of music education taking into account the diversity of learners, different roles taken by participants in the process of learning, the complex nature of learning process as well as peculiarities of educational environments.
- act in an international team, to engage in professional networks, to assume responsibility for the quality of own activities and that of his/her team members as well as for its evaluation and improvement.
- develop professional relations in the field, to exchange experience and to organise its dissemination, to conduct discussions in the educational community seeking to improve music education.
- reflect own educational activity, to develop competences and a personal career, to think in a systematic and strategic way, to independently make complex decisions, to act in an ethical way, to motivate community for collaboration while attaining common goals.
- assume the role of leader organizing formal and informal music education that is oriented towards success of each learner considering multiculturalism and diversity.
The graduates from this study programme will be able to work as music teachers in gymnasiums, general education schools and art schools, in early childhood education institutions. They will be able to organise extra-curricular, non-formal or private music education activities, to work as organisers and managers of music education in schools and other educational institutions, as teachers in colleges and universities and to take part in scientific research.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation interview * 0,8 + Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects * 0,2.