Study programme Land Management is provided for preparation of land management specialists capable to integrate into the knowledge society and work in various market conditions, to prepare projects of land administration, rural development, to form and reform real estate objects, to collect, process, present and use sets of various spatial documents.
The aims of the study programme:
– To give knowledge, skills and capabilities necessary for a land management specialist aiming to perform territorial planning, management and administration works using cartographic and national spatial data sets, to collect, systematize, renew data of real estate cadastre by applying modern technologies and to establish own company.
– To educate creative, entrepreneur and universally-thinking specialists, capable to work in team and make decisions on his/her own, as well as seeking for professional development.
Internal aims of the programme realization for land management specialists:
– To preserve, restore or create landscape ensuring sustainable country development and following supreme provisions of professional fairness and ethical values when preparing documents for the territorial planning;
– To develop capabilities of analytical and systemic thinking;
– To develop responsibility for their actions.
The graduate will be able to:
– Make geodetic plans, topographical pictures, data of georeferencing cadastre following respective legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania;
– Use spatial data sets, where information about defined special conditions for land and forest use, soils deployment, their physical and agrochemical properties and other characteristics influencing land use is collected, for preparation of various projects of land management and land holdings;
– Create cartographic and thematic data sets of spatial natural, anthropogenic and social objects and phenomena using remote sensing and cartographic methods;
– Carry out territorial administration and landscape management works following respective legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania;
– Make schemes and projects of land holdings as well as projects of rural development following respective legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania;
– Prepare data of real estate cadastre aiming to form new or reform existing real estate objects, to revise earlier data of real estate cadastre, to conclude transactions or prepare documents of legal registration of the real estate following respective legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania rand applying an united system of the real estate accounting;
– Determine indexes of economical and ecological substantiation of land management schemes, rural development land management projects, projects of land holdings;
– Apply knowledge of fundamental engineering sciences when assessing natural and social phenomena, their influence on preparation of land management documents and organization of company’s activity that meets the requirements of Lithuanian and EU labour market.
- Territorial planning
- Land administration