Health Psychology is a study programme with the aim to educate competent bachelors in psychology with scientific insight, solid base of scientific knowledge in psychology and professional application skills in the field of personal and public health and well-being. This programme aims to ensure the necessary universal first stage psychology training and provide thorough knowledge on healthcare systems, aims and objectives of health maintenance and promotion, system requirements and demands and the role of mental health professionals in meeting these needs.
After graduation you can:
- Continue your education in Master, Doctorate and PhD programmes.
- Work as an assistant psychologist, a research assistant or HR assistant.
- Work in the projects.
- Work in health, social, educational and organizational sectors.
Structure of programme:
Introduction to Studies, Introduction to Psychology, Psychology of Communication, Neurophysiology and Biological Bases Of Psychology, Humanitarian-Social Sciences, Lithuanian language, Basic Statistics, Human Ecology and Sustainable Social Development
Health Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods, Scientific Literature Analysis, Lithuanian language, Coursework.
Clinical Psychology, Social Psychology, Educational Psychology and Practice, Crisis and Disaster Psychology, Psychological Assessment and Practice, Ethical Issues in Psychology, Psychiatry, Health Care Systems, Economics and Management, Research Planning and Design, Coursework.
Counseling Psychology, Work and Organizational Psychology, Rehabilitation Psychology, Behavioral Medicine, Statistical Analysis in Psychological Research, Health Policy, Academic Writing, Preparation and Defence of Bachelor’s Thesis.
Why study Psychology at LSMU?
- Degree recognized in the EU. The programme is prepared according to the EuroPsy requirements.
- This large-scale programme especially meets the needs of students who are interested in mind and body relationship, behavior sciences and health promotion and treatment of health disorders.
- You will have a courses with students from different study programmes (medicine, nursing and social work) so you will learn how to work in healthcare teams.
- University provides lots of opportunities to develop practical skills in various healthcare, educational and occupational areas as well as in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic States.
- University provides the variety of laboratories and equipment for experiments in psychology and neurosciences as well as an opportunity to implement their innovative ideas in the Centre of Psychological Well-being and Health Education.
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 87 different countries make up 25 % of the total student body at LSMU.
- Possibility to spend a semester or an entire academic year abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange programme.
- Support system for student adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counseling.