The study programme Educational Management responds to the demands of the contemporary educational systems and therefore is popular among the applicants. The study programme aims to prepare educational managers for different types of organisations involved in learning and teaching activities. The complexity of the programme learning outcomes leads our future graduates to the career of an educator, an educational manager, a human resources developer.
Students will have a great opportunity to experience a blended learning method, which will develop their competence in technology enhanced and self-directed learning.
Students, who successfully complete the programme, along with a Master’s degree in Education Sciences will be also awarded a Certificate in Curriculum Design and Development issued by UNESCO International Bureau of Education.
I’m proud to be graduate of study programme Educational Management. I have worked as a consultant in NGO. Now I am a career consultant in Kaunas Jesuit Gymnasium.
Aiste Bertasiene, Lithuania. Graduate.
Educational Management Master program is a unique program that gathers students with different background in education – teachers, managers, non-formal educators. These studies helped me look at education from the perspective of multiple disciplines and get acquainted with research methods in the field. Studies take place in a small cohort of colleagues, so there is a possibility to establish contact with teachers, ask questions and receive support when needed, and personalize the learning experience according to career goals. Besides, thanks to the extensive international connections of VMU I had a chance to go on study exchange abroad and gain even more international experience.
Kayako Takagi. Japan. Graduate of the programme and now lecturer of Japanese language at VMU.
Feedback of Lecturers
The programme is for students who see themselves as the future leaders of educational organisations.
Assoc. Prof. Lina Kaminskiene
Why do I advise this program for other students?
- The ME program provides a comprehensive image of educational management from economical, sociological, psychological and philosophical points of view.
- You can see broader picture getting both special and universal knowledge and apply it within different working fields – education or business.
- Democratic mode of teaching and development of creative, pragmatic thinking, even on the exams.
- Friendly atmosphere and freedom of choice.
Tetiana Ponomarenko. Ukraine. Graduate and PhD in Education.
Upon graduation of the study programme Educational Management, you will be able to work in:
- Public educational institutions and private organisations providing education services.
- Education governance institutions.
- Human resource departments of enterprises and business organizations.
- Non-governmental organizations working in the field of education.
- Or to continue with the doctoral studies.
You will take 7 compulsory courses such as Management of Educational Organisations, UNESCO – Curriculum Designing and Management, International Policy of Education and Legal Regulation and other in 3 semesters. Additionally, to these courses a list of elective courses will be provided for you to choose to study. You need to prepare two research projects in second and third semesters and fourth semester is totally dedicated for Master thesis preparation.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE) 161-180, BEC Vantage 161-180, Michigan ECCE (min. 650), PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310, Duolingo 100-125, EnglishScore 400-499) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter * 0,5 + Arithmetic average of bachelor’s degree diploma supplement all subjects * 0,3 + Evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination * 0,2. In case there is no evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination, arithmetic average of bachelor’s degree diploma supplement all subjects * 0,5.