The programme offers the students solid written and spoken communication skills for workplace success in English (C1–C2), fundamentals in English linguistics, literature, and culture of the English-speaking countries.
The curriculum includes a diverse range of course units designed to help students:
- develop their language skills;
- advanced writing;
- speaking and research skills;
- analytical and critical thinking;
- problem-solving and rhetorical skills;
- gaining knowledge of culture and history, which will allow them to understand the complex modern world today.
Why this programme?
- The distinctive feature of the English Philology programme is its flexibility, as it offers the opportunity for students to individualise their studies in a way that suits their interests and abilities best.
- The programme allows students:
- Specialise in different aspects of English linguistics, literature and culture;
- Choose a minor study programme in a different field/ subject offered at Vilnius University;
- Combine different courses of their main field and general university courses offered at Vilnius University.
Degree in English Philology can lead to successful careers in a wide variety of fields:
- Graduates work in translation, public relations, journalism, teaching, research, literary and film criticism, content editing, marketing, law, economics, working for foreign embassies, government and European Union institutions etc.
- English major can also work as a private tutor or secondary school teacher, provided he/she holds a teacher’s professional qualification acquired after completing a Minor or a post-diploma study programme in subject pedagogy (ESL).