Business Logistics programme is the one you are looking for if you want:
- to make innovative decisions in the intensively changing logistics business environment
- be the one, who helps to provide the world’s population with a wide selection of goods
- create and manage the logistics systems
- develop the tools for the flow of material resources in the logistics chains
- get skills in analyzing and critically evaluating business logistic ideas, formulate business management arguments and assumptions, apply them to logistic management
- to have the wide career opportunities to choose if you want to continue your career as a part of the big logistics and not only corporation, create your own logistics (and again not only) business or try yourself in science
The aim of the study program is to prepare the specialists in business logistics who can creatively apply the findings of fundamental and applied research results. To prepare specialists who can make innovative decisions related to improvement and development of the bioeconomy sector and business logistics as well as the implementation under the conditions of intensively changing business environment.
The outcomes of the study programme
Upon the completion of the study programme, you will be able to:
- Explain the social science theories, describe the logistics technologies, principles of modeling and designing of the logistics systems on the basis of the fundamental and applied research, and apply them to the bioeconomy industry companies and logistics enterprises under the conditions of uncertainty.
- Analyze and critically assess the ideas for the improvement of business logistics management, formulate the arguments and assumptions for implementation of the ideas, prepare and apply innovations in business logistics, and management of the business logistics technologies necessary for the improvement of the economic, social, and environmental performance.
- Model and design the logistics systems and prepare the measures for the movement of material assets and biological substances within the logistics chain necessary for the coordination and improvement of logistics at the bioeconomy companies and of the operations of other auxiliary sectors.
- Deal with complex non-routine business management problems, make and implement innovative strategic business management decisions under the changing conditions in the bioeconomy sector and logistics companies.
- Use the research knowledge and research experience as well as the skills of systematic and strategic thinking for an independent professional activity or research work in the area of logistics.
- Make innovative decisions in business logistics taking into account their ethical aspects and the possible effect on the society and environment.
Lithuania is a transport country with many different shipments to other countries, so here logistics is one of the main business areas. VMU Agriculture Academy guarantees professional education in this field. There will always be jobs for young professionals in this field.
Simas Vasiljevas, Business Logistics student. Lithuania
I have been working in the field of logistics for a long time. I have a lot of practice, but there is a lack of theoretical knowledge and justification. Part-time master studies of Business Logistics are an attractive combination of work and study. I am happy for my decision that it is never too late to learn, as I meet new interesting people and, of course, professional teachers. The quality of studies is high, the teachers are competent, pleasant and understanding. Friendly and respectful relationship between students and teachers prevail. Business Logistics studies are great opportunity for professional development.
Egidija Žaludienė, Business Logistics student. Lithuania
I chose to study master’s degree in Business logistics from a future perspective, as my undergraduate studies were in English and Russian, and I wanted an additional education in another field of study. Also, in pursuit of further career prospects, I have decided that master’s degree will be very rewarding in the future. As Business logistics is a new field for me, the knowledge and experience gained during the studies are very useful. I learned a lot of new things and expanded my knowledge. I evaluate the quality of studies very well.
Roberta Kasarauskaitė, Business Logistics student. Lithuania
- Head of logistics departments of company in the bioeconomy sector, head of company providing logistics services and their divisions, logistics manager, consultant, specialist of organization uniting logistics companies and business associations.
- Owner of logistics services business on the national and international level.
- Further studies in the fields of Management or Economics.
During the first year you will have majority of your compulsory study courses such as:
Agriculture and Food Logistics Technology Management , International Logistics, Trade Logistics, International Business Law, Logistics Information Technologies, Management of Logistics, Innovation and Investments , Applied Research of Logistics, Scientific-Research Work.
Two elective courses, internship and of course final research paper which needs to be prepared during the final semester of your studies.
- University Bachelor’s degree diploma (or higher) and its supplement (Transcript of Records or the Grade Sheet);
- Priority is given to those from the fields of Business, Management, Economics;
- Additional courses might be required;
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE) 161-180, BEC Vantage 161-180, Michigan ECCE (min. 650), PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310, Duolingo 100-125, EnglishScore 400-499) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score counting is based on the average of final assessments of the first cycle study subjects*0.6 + Grade of the final thesis of bachelor studies*0.3 + Motivation letter*0.1.