The Bachelor’s degree programme in Business Administration prepares you to create your own business as well as successfully work in business organizations. Specialists from different fields will acquaint you with the most common business situations and possible solutions. It is a wide-ranging study programme that allows you to understand the management processes of medium and large organizations. With a clear understanding of the business environment, anticipating business organization processes, decision making, HR, organizational performance evaluation and change management, you will be able to successfully build your business or apply for positions such as management and organization analyst, customer service manager, specialist, administrator, etc
The aim of the first cycle study programme Business Administration is to prepare a wide range of business management specialists who are able to critically, comprehensively and creatively assess and solve the challenges of managing various business organizations in a constantly changing Lithuanian and global business environment.
Why Business Administration programme?
- Study 2 in 1 option – in addition to your major study programme you can choose additional minor study programme.
- Modern study methods based on case studies and solutions of practical tasks.
- Qualified and experienced academic as well as business-oriented lecturers, visiting foreign lecturers.
- The probability of employment after graduation is 94.3%.
- Truly friendly lecturers and a free, energetic and open-minded #VDUevf community culture.
VMU Faculty of Economics and Management provides opportunities for self-realization such as international exchanges and internships with Erasmus+ program, volunteering experiences inside the university and faculty. Also, flexible schedule of lectures makes it possible to combine studies with work.
Šarūnė Kasperavičiūtė. Lithuania. Graduate
This faculty has always been and will be my home because of the freedom to speak, act and create an atmosphere. It is these things that have brought a clear vision into my life of what I want to achieve, helped me find like-minded people and encouraged me to take full advantage of study opportunities.
Džiugas Petruškevičius. Lithuania. Graduate
I believe that if it weren’t for the atmosphere, the teachers and all the little things, I can’t imagine how I could create, improved and expanded my business. I am grateful to the whole faculty team for their support and opportunity to grow!
Tomas Juchna. Lithuania. Graduate
- dr. Giedrius Jucevičius, Management
- prof. dr. Sonata Staniulienė, Management
- prof. dr. Osvaldas Stripeikis, Management
- prof. dr. Vytautas Žirgutis, Management
- To identify and explain the main theoretical approaches, concepts, and factors of the internal and external business environment in different business contexts in the fields of business management and science.
- To apply the principles, methods, and tools of traditional and modern theories in the field of marketing, finance, human resources, operations and other areas of business management, considering the modern business environment at the national and global levels.
- To choose and creatively apply appropriate methods to conduct scientific and applied research on business management problems and opportunities as well as business environment factors and trends, and to summarize, evaluate and interpret the research results, apply them to formulate business decisions and predict market trends.
- To identify and critically evaluate the economic, social and ethical challenges of businesses, after analysing the factors of the changing business environment and their possible impact on business, also taking the business mission and strategic goals into account.
- Independently analyse various business administration situations, problems, and opportunities, offer them alternatives of possible solutions and to anticipate actions and challenges for their implementation.
- Effectively communicate and work in a team and partnership with stakeholders in various organizations, discuss relevant professional issues in an interdisciplinary environment, take the initiative and leadership in creating, initiating, and implementing business management change in organizations.
- To demonstrate the core values and principles necessary for a business professional to apply systematic approach, analytical, critical and creative thinking in performing various business administration activities, and responsibly make ethical, innovative and creative decisions in the field of business administration, taking responsibility for the decisions made and their impact on society and the environment, and to pursue continuous formal and non-formal learning.
The graduates of Business Administration programme will be able to:
- further study in business administration and management, as well as in economics master study programmes.
- work in the departments of marketing, human resources, finance, etc. as management specialists in any private or public organization in trading, services or manufacturing sectors.
- take up professional activity of a business administrator, a lower-level manager etc. in any state or private manufacturing or service providing business enterprise, especially in small and middle business sector.
- work in business service centres or provide business management consulting services in various fields as freelancers.
- start personal business establishing an individual company.
During the first two years of your studies university provides a list of courses in the fields of social sciences, humanities, biomedical, physical, and technological sciences as well as Arts and foreign languages for students to get interdisciplinary knowledge and abilities. Curriculum combines elective and compulsory courses during the first two years of studies. Mathematics, Introduction to Management, Micro and Macro Economics, Managerial Decision Making, Principles of Marketing are just a part of your compulsory courses list.
Third year curriculum is focused to the programme. You will get the knowledge of Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Financial Accounting and Reporting, and other courses.
The final year are for taking list of compulsory courses and for having Qualification Practice in Business Administration. Also during the final semester you need to prepare Bachelor degree thesis (paper work).
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE) 161-180, BEC Vantage 161-180, Michigan ECCE (min. 650), PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310, Duolingo 100-125, EnglishScore 400-499) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score is counted based on: Arithmetic average of high school degree diploma supplement all subjects *0.7 + Motivation letter / interview *0.3