The aim of Logistics and Commerce programme is to prepare the specialists in logistics and commerce holding extensive expertise and able to apply the theoretical knowledge in business and management to the decision-making related to management and business organization at the entities operating in logistics and commerce and able to develop of the competitive and socially responsible business in the domestic and international markets.
Professional who can create, qualitatively implement, and manage logistics activities sustainable to environment, the ones who knows well the latest commercial trends and methodology and are able to use IT programmes in the field of logistics are on high demand nowadays. If there is a trade, logistics is needed and if you know logistics and commerce, it is perfect background for shaping your future.
Why Logistics and Commerce programme?
- Logistics and commerce create the comfort of today’s society.
- Transport systems connect the whole World – logistics specialists. are needed everywhere, where are transport operations (transportation of goods).
- With the strong knowledge and wide approach, you will become a highly demanded specialist with job opportunities in the biggest logistics and commerce companies.
- You will be able to work in domestic or international companies.
- You will get the knowledge of economics, management, and entrepreneurship, so you’ll become a professional in the biggest companies, create your own successful business or continue your studies on the MSc level.
The outcomes of the study programme
Upon the completion of the study programme, You will be able to:
- Explain the essence of entrepreneurship, learn, and compare the specifics of logistics and commercial activities related to business organizations and the possible effect on the environment, business decisions, and the general public.
- Explain the economic, social, technological business resources and processes, issues, and the importance of their decisions in planning, forecasting, and assessing the management of the logistics and commerce organizations, process and results of business organization, and is able to use the basic theoretical arguments or theories for substantiation of the managerial decisions in logistics and commercial operations
- Develop competitive and socially responsible business in the domestic and international markets.
- Identify the key business categories and phenomena defined by them, key business and management principles, methods, and strategies, and the diversity of business organization forms as well as the factors affecting the choice thereof, the financial and other resource accounting and management methods as well as the applicability.
- To collect and analyze the data necessary for addressing important issues in logistics and commerce by using the achievements and methods of the fundamental and applied research as well as organize and conduct applied research in consumer and competitor behavior, employee motivation, responsibly prepare the information necessary for managerial decision-making in logistics and commerce.
- Establish logistics and commerce companies, plan, organize, coordinate, and evaluate their operations, choose integrated technological, organizational, and methodological measures for the management of the business environment, and able to develop the competitive and socially responsible business in the domestic and international markets.
- Manage business information flows, social, technological processes, and the interaction in the operations of logistics and commerce organizations, analyze and substantiate the decisions in the areas of human, financial, material resource planning, organization, coordination, control, information management, and evaluation of the economic condition and performance.
Lithuania does great work in international transportation and is one of the main transit countries in the European Union. So, I believed that I would gain experience of great value and learn from the leaders of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Currently, I am conducting research about the behavior of Lithuanian youth towards Sustainable Consumption, and I find the study of the most relevant issue of the globe in relation to Lithuania interesting.
Perizat Yermakhan, Logistics and Commerce student. Kazakhstan
Logistics and commerce studies are already giving results and have helped to develop competencies that allow a new perspective on emerging marketing or business issues.
Matas Laurynas Kazlauskas, Logistics and Commerce student. Lithuania
While studying, I gained not only the knowledge required for my chosen profession, but also life experience in a variety of situations. I was impressed by the great atmosphere at the University, the pleasant and helpful staff, the wide selection of social activities and, of course, the infrastructure itself and the campus. I am very grateful to the teachers, who try to interest the students and pass on their knowledge, experience, who help to achieve their goals and motivate in case of difficulties.
Silvija Šėgždaitė, Logistics and Commerce graduate. Lithuania
Logistics and Commerce programme graduates are able to work in logistics, supply management, transportation, warehousing, and transshipment service companies as the coordinators of logistics, intermediaries, representatives, administrators at the logistics, supply management, transportation, warehousing, and transshipment companies of Lithuania, 3PL (third-party logistics model), 4PL (fourth-party logistics model) organizations, agricultural supply, and logistics companies, and organizations coordinating these activities, companies operating in the procurement of agricultural raw materials, processing and trade thereof, agricultural and logistic facilities, retail sector, and shipment networks, as well as develop own business in logistics and commerce.
Upon successful completion, the graduates could continue the second-cycle studies in the fields of Social Sciences.
During the first two years of your studies university provides a list of courses in the fields of social sciences, humanities, biomedical, physical, and technological sciences as well as Arts and foreign languages for students to get interdisciplinary knowledge and abilities. Curriculum combines elective and compulsory courses during the first two years of studies. Mathematics, Micro and Macro Economics, Finances, Human Resources Management, Logistics Equipment and Technology are just a part of your compulsory courses list.
Third year curriculum is focused to the programme. You will get the knowledge of Consumer Behavior, Entrepreneurship training, International Trade, and other courses.
The final semester studies are for doing internship and final Bachelor degree thesis (paper work) preparation.
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE) 161-180, BEC Vantage 161-180, Michigan ECCE (min. 650), PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310, Duolingo 100-125, EnglishScore 400-499) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score counting is based on: Mathematics * 0.4 + English * 0.4 + Motivation letter/Interview * 0.2.
Autumn Intake Deadline