Improvement of the properties of materials is one of the cornerstones of the modern world, leading to new, better products and equipment that are stronger, more sustainable and more efficient. It is such discoveries that the graduates of this program seek, who during their studies delve into fundamental and applied physics, study the structure of materials, ways to improve and synthesize materials.
At KTU, the students of MSc Materials Physics receive profound knowledge within physics and materials science and acquire research skills and in-depth theoretical and experimental knowledge of materials composition and improvement of their characteristics. This, together with the mastery of methodology and technique for technological measurements of materials, makes them proficient in processing and analysing experimental results.
- These studies combine fundamental and engineering competencies, with a strong focus on practical skills and the application of high technologies (micro- and nanotechnologies)
- A unique to Lithuania MA+ study model allows students either to aim for excellence in a chosen speciality field or to strengthen their interdisciplinary competencies by choosing different elective study paths
What will you study?
- Phenomena: optical, thermal, relativistic, magnetic, non-linear, nuclear and electronic, ionised particles, the interaction of electronic and laser, X-ray, gamma radiation and material
- Objects: nano- and micro-derivatives, surfaces of solid bodies and thin functional coatings, crystals, nanostructures, thin films
- Materials technologies: surface engineering, micro- and nanotechnologies, physical-plasma technologies
- Application: sensors, spintronics, elements of alternative energy, high radiation technologies
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
The main KTU Campus is within walking distance from the city centre. In the campus, university sports halls and courts, dormitories, shops and recreational areas are all nearby. KTU boasts the active student community, with 6 art societies and over 20 students’ organisations. Our students can choose from 100 weekly sports classes, and join one of 20 sports teams. All of this is free of charge.
Over 40 thousand students study in Kaunas, and of these, around 10% are international students. Lush parks, lively squares, cosy cafes and buzzing cultural life make Kaunas attractive not only as a travel destination but also as a place to live. In 2022, Kaunas will become a European Capital of Culture.
Proficiency in English Language requirements:
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
If you do not currently hold any English proficiency certificate, the English test can also be conducted by KTU during the admission process.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
University Bachelor degree certificate:
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline