Roads are our treasure, pride and business card for the state. When driving on Lithuanian roads you cross bridges, overpasses, interchanges and roundabouts. It is highway engineers who design, construct, reconstruct and maintain roads, bridges, viaducts, city and village streets, sidewalks and intersections, and ensure traffic safety.
Future road construction engineers study mathematics, physics, information technologies, engineering graphics, professional and business ethics, mechanics, material science, electrical engineering, special and computer drawing, geodesy, etc. Theoretical knowledge is consolidated and improved in practical studies, which last 20 weeks in total and are conducted in five stages:
- introductory practice
- geodesic practice
- marking practice
- industry practice
- final practice
AFTER GRADUATION YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- work in various fields of road engineering;
- prepare road and road construction projects;
- make estimates and surveys;
- evaluate construction products;
- plan, organize and technically supervise road construction, reconstruction or repair works;
- create your own business;
- prepare business and economic activity plans for your company (division);
- analyse the economic business environment.
- Road Construction /Bridge Construction Contractor
- Project Manager
- Estimates Officer
- Specialist in Manufacturing Companies or Public Building Supervision Companies.