The purpose of the study programme is to train legal experts and legal service professionals with comprehensive and profound knowledge about international, international-regional and European legal norms that influence the most important areas of:
- National legal systems
- Application practice of these legal norms
- abilities to identify, analyze and solve complex problems related to law-making and legal application in the contexts of international and European law
- abilities to apply the acquired knowledge in professional practice innovatively and integrally in order to settle disputes and legal conflicts that arise in an international environment
- critical approach and skills to carry out independent research and provide suggestions based on scientific analysis
The programme lasts three semesters (1.5 years, 90 ECTS). At the beginning of the studies, each student chooses the track he or she is interested in three options:
- International Law and Human Rights
- Tech Law
- Business Law
Why this programme?
- Faculty of Law is the oldest and most prestigious law school in Lithuania
- The programme is designed with the most relevant and up-to-date courses in three different tracks (International and Human Rights; Tech Law; Business Law)
- Students are entitled to participate in international conferences and other academic events
- Taught by outstanding professors from all over Europe
- The qualification enables graduates to be legal experts (advisers) to both public and private entities, engage themselves as problem analysts or researchers in academic institutions as well as work in all major legal professions in national and international, governmental and non-governmental organizations and companies.
- The possibility of holding an office in regulated professions (judges, solicitors, prosecutors, civil servants, etc.) will depend on qualification requirements applicable in a particular country and the recognition of foreign studies.
- Graduates of the programme will be able to pursue an academic career in Lithuania and abroad in continuing their postgraduate studies in a PhD programme in social sciences.
„Having studied the International and European Law programme at Vilnius University represented a great challenge for me, but I can assure that it has been the best decision I could have made. It has not only increased my knowledge in the academic field, but at the same time I had an amazing personal growth interacting with a society and culture totally different from my country and continent.”
Irving Gabriel Lopez, student from Mexico