Business is increasingly taking on international influence, flavor, and pace. International commerce now captivates a large and constantly growing proportion of overall commercial activities. An increasing number of companies, small, medium-sized, and large, are now affected by international events, culture, and competition. This demands innovative knowledge, ideas, and professional expertise. Our SMK International Business programme provides students with opportunities to learn the latest strategies, methodologies as well as trends to build or develop a business internationally.
Our instructors are highly experienced international professionals who have worked, or who are still working in the field. Therefore the students are provided with a perfect balance between the theoretical and the practical.
SMK graduates of International Business are currently working in companies such as Barclays Bank, Western Union Corp., Booking.com, DanskeBank, Swedbank, Siemens and ALJ Group.
Register for a free consultation here.
Apply directly here!
After studies you will be able to:
- Apply main theories of economics, management and social sciences to develop sustainable businesses in the international environment;
- Assess the factors of international business environment, conduct applied research and use the data for business decision making;
- Plan and organize the operations of the international company or its division;
- Develop and launch competitive products and services by applying modern international marketing and sales methods, as well as by researching the opportunities within the international markets;
- Lead and support an effective team within international organization by applying modern management methods and leadership principles, taking into account cross-cultural backgrounds.
You will study:
- International Business;
- Emerging Markets;
- International Law;
- International Marketing and Branding;
- International Trade and Export Management;
- Intercultural Communication;
- Management of International Business Projects, etc.
Career opportunities & areas:
- Project Manager;
- Coordinator or Supply Chain Manager;
- Sales Manager;
- Head, manager or specialist of functional division;
- Founder of a start-up or an international business.
You can find all admission steps and instructions here.
HOW TO APPLY?
Application for admission to the SMK University of Applied Sciences must be submitted online.
Below is the list of documents that you will need to submit together with your application:
1. A receipt of the paid non-refundable application fee* (120 Euro for foreign nationals, and 50 Euro for the citizens of EU and the EEA countries).
*It only needs to be paid once if you decide to apply for a second degree;
Exemption for those enrolled in the English Foundation Programme and willing to continue their studies at SMK: no application fee to be paid again to be admitted to Bachelor Study Programmes.
2. A Copy of a valid Passport (valid for at least a year)
*For those applying from Nigeria through VFS visa center, the passport needs to be valid for at least 18 months;
3. Entry qualification documents (e.g. a copy of original High school/secondary education diploma, or/and a copy of School Leaving Certificate or a College Diploma);
Note: translation of the documents to the English/Lithuanian/Russian languages. Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translation(s). Each program has separate subjects which need to be passed. Needed subjects are listed in requirements on https://apply.smk.lt/. Overall percentage of Secondary School Diploma must be not lower than 50%.
4. Official recognition of the Secondary School Diploma obtained from the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Asse
ssment in Higher Education (CQAHE) more information and how to apply here.
5. A Copy of the International English Language Test Certificate confirming the applicant’s knowledge of English at Higher Intermediate level or its equivalent (5,5 and higher); Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE, IELTS 5+, TOEFL 59+ or LanguageCert IESOL B1+: www.languagecert.org/
If an applicant doesn’t have any of the above-mentioned certificates, there is a possibility to go through the SMK internal test online. The price for an English test is 50 Eur, where applicant’s speaking and writing skills are tested and evaluated. Please, contact email@example.com if you are willing to pass an internal test.
Exemption applies for those applying for English Foundation Programme.
Exemption for those, who have finished English Foundation Programme at SMK:
If later applying for a Bachelor degree, you only need to provide your English Foundation Programme certificate.
* A letter from your teacher or employer, where he/she describes your abilities and qualities as a student or employee.
Please have in mind that your application can be processed only when you submit all the required documents. After your application is complete it will take up to 5 working days for the admission committee to give feedback.. All accepted students will receive acceptance letters with detailed instructions on how to confirm their acceptance and prepare to travel to Lithuania.
Once you submit your application, and your application is accepted, you will need to pass:
1. The entrance examination for these study programmes ONLY:
– Video Production and Media
The entrance examination for entrants to this study programme consists of:
– Assessment of a portfolio presented by the applicant;
– Assessment of factors of selecting the area of professional activity.
2. Motivation Interview:
After the applicant has paid the application fee and submitted the application, we invite him for an motivational interview. The interview is done online using Google Meet platform, and the basic goal is to evaluate the reasoning and motivation of a future student. After an interview, the decision of admission is given in a couple of days.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline