The goal of this study programme is to train specialists who can:
- apply the conceptions of software systems in designing
- create and safely manage software systems
- implement, adapt and take care of software and hardware intended to solve business issues
- apply new ideas and efficiently collaborate with the specialists of the European Union and other foreign countries
Why this programme?
- High employability. Programmers’ wages are among the highest in Lithuania and most programme systems graduates get jobs during their first year of study.
- Opportunities for the internship. You can strengthen your position in the labour market during your internship in a Lithuanian or foreign organisation.
- Path to scholarly activities. Students who look for more challenges may decide to join the research teams of the Šiauliai Academy and conduct applied scientific projects.
- A career as a programmer. Graduates of this programme develop their careers in companies that create software, information systems, databases, and so on.
- A career in an IT department of a company or institution. You will be able to apply your knowledge of programme systems while working in organisations that provide electronic services like banks, insurance companies, or state institutions.
- Other careers requiring knowledge of programming include programme systems architect, analyst, programme quality specialist, systems tester, and IT project manager.