About the program
Sales and Logistics Management program is designed to prepare qualified sales and logistics management specialists with a professional bachelor‘s degree, who know the main national and international transport and logistics systems, have current and recent scientific knowledge in transport and logistics business, are able to predict, plan, organize continuous work process in a logistic company or its divisions, to organize the sale, manufacture or storage, to ensure the quality of operations, to coordinate domestic and international trade, to form business sales policy using innovative sales, marketing, logistics and management techniques, to develop trading technology and range, to implement an advertising compaign, to adapt the latest e-commerce and communication technologies, to set up a private trading company and manage it.
Study program learning outcomes (after graduating from the studies, o person):
- Knows the basic concepts of the study subjects, understands the development of logistics theory and practice and interaction with other sciences.
- Apply knowledge of materials and elements used in logistics processes.
- Is able to independently study and analyze subject literature, is able to apply theoretical knowledge to solve practical problems
- Knows normative documents and laws of the Republic of Lithuania, analyzes documentation of activities of logistics and transport companies
- Is able to recognize the importance of information and to collect, analyze essential information, systematize research data, preparing reports
- Able to combine elements of a marketing complex, plan and perform market research for a logistics or transport company, assess the company’s condition, identify weaknesses and strengths
- Ability to evaluate international sales logistics processes and their methods of regulation
- Ability to analyze and apply the European Community and national legislation governing the declaration of goods, the performance of customs procedures and the completion of customs formalities
- Able to base management decisions on economic calculations, evaluate the impact of micro and macro factors on business
- Is able to identify and select the main factors that influence the sales of goods
- Ability to analyze and evaluate logistic business environment, apply management and economics knowledge, and various analytical methods to improve organization management and business organization
- Able to plan and organize logistics or transport company activities of various types, understanding the importance of business plan, operating in national and international markets
- Able to provide sales strategy, tactics, sponsorship policy, customer service, develop new service and product varieties, anticipate business benefits
- Ability to understand the processes of sea transport logistics, evaluate technological solutions of sea transport logistics, apply modern high-tech cargo transportation technologies
- Able to identify innovation benefits, identify sales logistics business benefits, competitiveness, respond appropriately to market changes
- Ability to apply professional knowledge of social, technological and other sciences based on management and improvement of sales logistics management processes
- Able to constructively communicate and cooperate with domestic and foreign partners in developing and implementing logistics technology processes
- Is able to develop proper oral and written language competence in the mother tongue and in a foreign language and to express them fluently
- Able to impartially solve practical tasks
- Able to work in a team, ready to accept common ethical obligations related to honesty and duty, principles of social responsibility, foster ethno-cultural and intercultural relations
- Able to communicate effectively in the professional environment and in the community in at least one foreign language
- Ability to think critically and evaluate different arguments presented by analyzing business problems of logistics and transport companies, problematic issues of sales logistics management and independently making decisions
- Able to embrace innovation, change and adapt to innovative activities
- Is able to develop the need for continuous improvement of learning skills, raise subject qualification, understands the importance of lifelong learning
- Able to represent a sales logistics and transportation company, be entrepreneurial, creative and proactive.
- Ability to gain tolerance, work in multicultural and multinational groups and organizations
- Ability to collect, systematize and store information, utilize the capabilities of information technology, systems and databases, work with computer programs, apply database methods, and handle sensitive information appropriately.
Professional activity and future studies:
Opportunities for professional activity:
To set up a logistics company, to plan, to organize a company’s business activities. To take care of a company‘s wholesale and retail trade. To ensure the quality of performance, to form the company’s trading policy, to analyze the market and consumers’ needs.
Graduates can work in logistics, supply management, transportation, storage and transshipment services enterprises as logistics function coordinators, mediators, representatives in medium and small transport, logistic companies, in production and trade, warehouses and terminals, road, rail, sea and air transport ( supply and marketing departments), transport forwarding services providing companies.
Possibilities for future studies:
Graduates can get credits for study results, if they want to study in university undergraduate programs. After completing supplementary studies or meeting the requirements of other higher education institutions, they have the right to enroll in post-graduate master’s studies.
The program content
- Maritime Transport Logistics – Legal Regulation of Maritime Business, Maritime Transport Technologies and Management, Port organization, logistics, agency.
- Product Distribution Logistics – Warehouse Logistics, Food and Non-Food, Sales Organization, Wholesale and Retail.
- Sales Management – Advertising Basics, Sales Organization, E-Sales, Consumer Protection.
The main field of study subjects – 146 credits (including practicum).
- Evolution of the language of specialty
- Foreign language specialties
- Smart mathematical solutions
- Applied Management Philosophy (Sociology)
Study field subjects:
- Modern Economic Theory
- Research methodology and data analysis
- Document Management Systems
- Practical law
- Application of smart technologies
- Employees safety and Health
- Corporate Economics
- Fundamentals of Management
- Total Quality Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Relationship Culture
- Business Law
- Market research
- Customs duties on goods and insurance
- Basics of Accounting
- Commodity coding and identification system
- Fundamentals of the International Economy
- Integrated logistics
- Organization and operation of special terminals
- Transport logistics and administration
- Sales logistics
Maritime Transport Logistics specialization subjects:
- Legal regulation of maritime business
- Maritime transport technologies and their management
- Port organization, logistics, agency
Product Distribution Logistics specialization subjects:
- Sales organization
- Food and non-food goods
- Warehousing logistics
- Wholesale and retail trade
Sales Management specialization subjects:
- Basics of Advertising
- Sales organization
- Consumer protection
Practical studies are carried out in three stages: cognitive, professional practicum which the students perform in a business training firm “Biurometa” and the final professional performance practicum.
- Introductory Practice (6 cr.) – performed in the College
- Training Practice (9 cr.) – performed in a company
- Professional Practice (15 cr.) – performed in a company
1. Persons only with diploma of secondary education/or relevant can apply for studies in Lithuania Business University of Applied Sciences (LBUAS). Diploma of secondary education gained in international country must be certificated with by Apostille by Consulate. The studies are open to any age group.
2. LBUAS provides full time studies for international students in English and Russian languages.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENTATION
Submitting the application form and registration of documents:
✓ Application form
✓ Secondary education diploma and supplement (original and copy)
✓ Diploma and copy of supplement (if you have, from any other educational institution)
✓ Diploma of education in international country must be certificated by apostille by consulate
✓ English language certificate (copy);
✓ Personal identification card or passport (original and copy of page with photo and personal data)
Application form online: https://ltvk.lt/en/enrolment/#2
Students must to apply for a secondary education/relevant diploma recognition in Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education, Address: A. Goštauto str. 12, LT-01108 Vilnius, Lithuania; For more information: https://www.skvc.lt/default/en/60/apply/documentation_requirements , +370 5 210 47 72 or email@example.com .
Admission to the state non-funded studies is taking place now. Do you want to study? Do you have any questions? Contact
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 8-46-314-320, Turgaus street 21, Klaipeda