The degree programme Applied Public Health aims to provide competencies for students wishing to pursue a career in public and private health sectors as well as in non-governmental organizations. The MPH degree is the most widely recognized professional credentials for leadership in public health. The programme is intended for graduates already holding a bachelor’s or master’s degree, who are seeking to broaden their understanding and knowledge in the field of public health.
AFTER GRADUATION YOU CAN:
- Work in public health care services in local, national and international public health centres and other institutions
- Work in the inter-sectorial field within NGOs and public health projects, actions and initiatives
- Play leadership and managerial roles in the health care system
- Continue your education by entering PhD programmes
- Pursue a professional career in research and teaching in the fields of communicable and non-communicable disease epidemiology, health care service research, preventive medicine and other areas
Structure of programme
Introduction to Public Health and Health Care System, Environmental Health, Health Ethics and Law, Health Informatics and Research, Applied Epidemiology
YEAR 2Health Policy and Strategy, Health Economics, Management of Changes, Health Psychology and Human Relations, Methods of Data Analysis, Preparation and Defence of Master’s Thesis
WHY STUDY APPLIED PUBLIC HEALTH AT LSMU?
STRUCTURE OF THE PROGRAMME
Work in public health care services in local, national and international public health centres and other institutions;
Continue your education by entering PhD programmes;
Work in the inter-sectorial field within NGOs and public health projects, actions and initiatives;
Why study Applied Public Health at LSMU ?
- Studies at the largest School of Public Health in the Baltic countries
- Diploma recognized in EU, USA and other countries
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 70 different countries make up nearly 17% of the total student population at LSMU
- Possibility to spend a semester or a year abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange programme
- Support system for students’ adaptation mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling