The aim of the program is to educate high-quality university-level physiotherapists on the basis of the latest fundamental and applied interdisciplinary science and modern technological achievements. The graduates will be ethically responsible, creative, and enterprising, professionally providing modern research-based physiotherapy services, which include testing and evaluation of the patient’s clinical condition, the need for physiotherapy and diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the effectiveness of the physiotherapy procedures.
- Have a clinical thinking framework based on knowledge of biomedical sciences.
- Collect, analyze, and critically interpret subjective and objective information related to the patient (client).
- Plan and carry out a physiotherapeutic assessment on the basis of the clinical hypothesis.
- Determine physiotherapeutic diagnosis and the need for physical therapy based on the collected information, assessment analysis, and critical interpretation.
- Examine and interpret central–nervous, sensory, and reflector injuries in motor control for different types of patients based on current research and valid methods.
- Examine and interpret impairments of cognitive functions for different types of patients based on current research and valid methods.
- Examine and interpret functional conditions and impairments of the cardiovascular system for different types of patients based on current research and valid methods.
- Examine and interpret impairments of functional condition of skeletal muscles, bones, ligaments, and tendons for different types of patients based on current research and valid methods.
The program has been developed following the requirements of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT) which defines the profession and competencies of a physiotherapist.
The program includes course units that are not included in physical therapy programs at other Lithuanian universities. The program offers 54 clinical practice placements in Lithuania and abroad where the internship practice is headed by specially trained clinical instructors.
Graduates will be able to continue postgraduate studies in the same direction of studies (Master’s degree program “Physiotherapy”) or other related study programs focused on a Master‘s degree. Graduates will have the vast possibility to be employed in all levels of healthcare institutions (first, second, third) as well as in the institutions of nursing, wellness, and education.
Chat with me on Teams!
Address: Sporto Str. 6, LT-44221 Kaunas, Lithuania
Admission procedures Degree of study and deadlines Acceptance (correction) of applications for participation in tenders and registration of documents.
- Fill in and submit the online application form.
- IELTS Min score: 4.5.
- TOEFL Min score: 72.
- Apply for and submit the recognition document of foreign qualifications issued by SKVC.
- Participate in SKYPE interview.
- Receive letter of acceptance.
- Apply for and receive National D visa if needed.
- Come to Lithuania and start your studies.
Autumn Intake Deadline