This programme provides the latest theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of ecology for the successful preservation and recovery of our natural and semi-natural ecosystems. Students learn to assess the balance of terrestrial ecosystems and propose decisions enabling sustainability. They will develop competencies in relation to the use of inland waterways and terrestrial natural resources. This will include the possibility of ecological communities being able to adapt to the changing climate and environmental conditions. Graduates of the programme will be able to:
- organise and carry out research;
- provide consultancy when the impact of globalisation on biological diversity and human health has to be evaluated, and action is required in the area of ecology in terms of practical applications and/or research.
Why this programme?
- Flexibility. You will be able to choose the subjects you want to study and adjust your study plan to reflect your personal interests or career goals.
- International orientation. Students are given the opportunity to take part of their studies at a foreign university or alternatively engage in research.
- Mixed study methodologies enable students to combine their studies with work, where up to 90% of the study programme can be conducted remotely.
- Careers in organisations operating in the area of ecology. You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary for work in foreign and Lithuanian institutions and organisations that take care of the quality of the environment and protect natural resources.
- Environmental expert. This education will enable you to take the position of an expert or controller in the area of environmental protection.
- Jobs in business institutions. You will have the qualification required for working in companies involved in the restoration of damaged natural systems or promoting responsible trade.