The “ International Master in Performance Analysis of Sport” is an inter-university master’s course that combines three European universities: Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg (Germany), Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro in Vila Real (Portugal), and the Lithuanian Sports University in Kaunas (Lithuania). The study program is based on an intensive and applied study of a scientific methodology of specific discipline areas as well as on multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives of Sports Studies. The program is implemented using the mobility resources of the Erasmus scheme. Students will face the opportunity to perform the study program at three universities.
The aim of the program is to train experts and entrepreneurs in Performance Analysis in Sport; to offer specialized quality education meeting labor market demands in the sports training area; to provide graduates with skills that are obtained from modern sources of knowledge focused on performance analysis in sports, and is interrelated with necessary knowledge and skills to develop a career in international settings both in the field of sports professionals and in recreational activities. Studies for postgraduates at Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, the Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, and Lithuanian Sports University will be based on student-centered activity, where students are responsible for managing their study process in three different countries.
- The graduate is expected to be able to/use expert knowledge in selected areas of sports performance analysis that contribute to performance development.
- Integrate and apply knowledge, awareness and understanding to the enhancement of athletic performance.
- Apply the analytical, critical, and synthesis skills required to conduct personal and group research in selected areas of performance analysis in sports and related areas.
- Conduct an independent research project (dissertation) starting from the identification of the research question to the communication of the findings.
- Take responsibility for their own learning and continued development through the supported progress of personal development and planning (PDP).
- Demonstrate competent research skills, including those of consideration of ethics in research, scientific observation, measurement, hypothesis setting, and testing, reduction of error, data interpretation, and report-writing.
The graduates will accumulate abilities to focus their activity on a performance analysis at sports clubs, research institutes, or rehabilitation centers. They will have the possibility to supervise and develop athletes’ follow-up plans in sports clubs and research laboratories (technical documents, experimental systems, laboratory education, etc.). The graduates will be able to work as managers in Technical Departments of national and international sports organizations or in other positions directly linked to Sports Performance research. They will have the opportunity to prolong their carrier in doctoral studies.The graduates will be ready to function in the global market settings at international business entities that are responsible for sports and recreation technologies and innovations. International studies, interdisciplinary methods as well as teamwork will greatly contribute not only to the graduates’ employability but also will enhance and foster their readiness to start their own businesses and start-ups in the areas of creation and development of modern sports and recreational technologies.
CONTACTS FOR ADMISSION:
Admission procedures Degree of study and deadlines Acceptance (correction) of applications for participation in tenders and registration of documents.
- Fill in and submit the online application form.
- IELTS Min score: 4.5.
- TOEFL Min score: 72.
- Apply for and submit the recognition document of foreign qualifications issued by SKVC.
- Participate in SKYPE interview.
- Receive letter of acceptance.
- Apply for and receive National D visa if needed.
- Come to Lithuania and start your studies.
Autumn Intake Deadline