The study programme in Information Systems and Cyber Security aims to prepare professionals in information systems and cyber security who will have the fundamental and applied knowledge in informatics engineering and develop skills required for secure analysis, design, structuring, and maintenance of information systems.
Why this programme?
- This programme is the first and only cybersecurity study programme in Lithuania.
- There is a considerable demand for cyber security specialists with higher education in the European Union and international labour markets.
- In the future, the demand will undoubtedly grow due to:
- Tightening of the legal environment of a growing data and information security in the European Union and other countries.
- Growing number of forensics and expansion of their scale.
- Growing demand of international enterprises and states to be better protected against economic espionage.
- The threat of e-war between the states.
Graduates of this study programme will be able to work as:
- consultants and information systems security professionals in government, organizations and business enterprises of various size;
- information systems analysts or architects;
- database administrators;
- project managers in the field of Information Systems;
- information security analysts;
- security management professionals or managers and IT security auditors in organizations
Graduates will be able to develop their own business initiatives, provide consulting services or carry out a qualitative analysis of information systems’ design and management