The programme aims to develop experience in experimental work in genetics. This is done by original experimental work in various fields of genetics:
- human genetics or genetics of microorganisms;
- gene engineering;
The programme provides the modern knowledge and practical skills in genetics necessary for an independent scientific and professional career in rapidly developing areas of genetic technologies, biomedicine and biotechnologies.
Why this programme?
- Study based on not just theory but also practical scientific assignments.
- The final thesis is based on original research work in a chosen scientific field.
- Modern equipment and labs where students can carry out their scientific projects.
- Gaining skills for a professional job.
- Possibility to take part in international exchange project “Coimbra Group Cancer Biology”.
- A graduate can work in the field of the biotechnological and biomedical industry at research institutions of biomedical profile and educational institutions.
- Analytical knowledge could be improved in doctoral studies in fields of biology (genetics), molecular biology or biochemistry.