- Prepare qualified forestry specialists of higher education, able of independent and efficient management of state and private forests, increasing their productivity, conserving biodiversity and natural values.
- Educate creatively thinking specialists, able to communicate, work in a team, be responsible for the results.
Graduates are able to:
- organize forest seed breeding and production of seedlings for reforestation;
- tend stands of different species composition, structure and functional destination;
- apply forest protection measures against diseases, pests and fire;
- conserve and cherish biodiversity;
- inventory and evaluate mensuration indices of forest and its products;
- plan multiple sustainable forest use;
- select machinery for forestry operations;
- elaborate plan of activities of a certain forestry unit and assess its efficiency;
- prepare and manage documentation related to financial-economic activities;
- analyse stand productivity increment problems;
- tackle the problems of rational hunting management;
- apply advanced logging technologies;
- estimate commercial value of roundwood and sawn wood.
Graduates will be able to work in forest enterprises, forest districts, nurseries, State Forest Management and Inventory Institute, Forest Research Institute, cooperatives serving to private forest owners, establish small or medium business enterprises.