- To prepare qualified forestry specialists of higher education capable of independent and efficient management of state and private forests, increasing their productivity, conserving biodiversity and nature values.
- To educate creatively thinking specialists able to communicate, to work in a team, to feel responsible for work results.
The graduates will be able to:
- organize forest seed breeding and production of seedlings for reforestation;
- tend stands of different species composition, structure and functional destination;
- apply forest protection measures against diseases, pests and fire;
- conserve and cherish biodiversity;
- carry out forest inventories and to evaluate mensuration indices of forest and its products;
- plan multiple sustainable forest use;
- select machinery for forestry operations;
- elaborate plan of activities of a certain forestry unit and to assess its efficiency;
- prepare and manage documentation related to financial-economic activities;
- analyse stand productivity increment problems;
- tackle problems of rational hunting management;
- apply modern logging technologies;
- estimate commercial value of roundwood and sawn wood.
- Forest growing (Multi-functional use of forest resources)
- Nature tourism
- Forest management
- Timber harvesting
- Timber processing
- Fundamentals of plantation forestry (short-rotation and other plantations)
- Private ownership forestry
The graduates can work in forest enterprises, forest districts, nurseries, research institutes, cooperatives serving to private forest owners, establish small or medium forestry-related business enterprises.