The master programme Food Science aims to educate qualified professionals able to use food research results at food factories and develop new products complying with demands of customers and satisfying their needs of healthy nutrition. In addition, graduates get competences in human resource management, organisation of production process and confidence for quick self-adjustment to continuously changing market.
AFTER GRADUATION YOU CAN:
- Establish own business in catering, food production.
- Work in biotechnology sector related companies.
- Be employed at food factories as a Master of production, technologist; quality manager, supervisor of product development, project manager in food and agriculture related organizations, production supervisor, food quality inspector.
- Food safety control sector or Agri-food consulting services.
Structure of programme
YEAR 1 Food Biotechnology; Formation of toxic compounds during the food processing; Organisation of food research, quality management and assurance; Nutrition and health; Applied statistics; Functional Food
YEAR 2 The new food products development, production planning, food ethics; Dietetic nutrition peculiarities; Applied Organizational Psychology; Small Business Management; Food additives in innovative technologies; Industrial Practice; Master thesis
WHY STUDY FOOD SCIENCE AT LSMU?
- Extensive interdisciplinary studies based on fundamental and applied research.
- Diploma recognized in EU and other countries.
- Possibility to join various research projects via student scientific clubs.
- Two industrial practices at the selected food establishment to develop practical skills.
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 87 different countries make up 25 % of the total student population at LSMU.
- Support system for students’ adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling.
- Possibility to study abroad abroad according to the Erasmus+ exchange programme.
- Student work – 20 hours/week allowed without any permits.
- Residence permit extended for 6 months after the graduation to look for a job in Lithuania or EU.