Providing people with quality, safe and healthy food daily is one of the most important global challenges that food scientists and technologists are facing today. By studying bachelor’s in Food Science and Technology at KTU, you will gain the interdisciplinary competencies and skills necessary for the future food technologist in the fields of food chemistry, microbiology, nutrition, technology and engineering. Also, you will integrate speciality knowledge with the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and economics.
This is one of a few bachelor’s study programmes in Lithuania in the field of food technology, and the only one which has been awarded the international EQAS-Food Label quality mark. KTU is the only university in the Baltic States that offers studies on international level accredited with this quality mark.
- Access to the food technology labs, which are provided with pilot-scale technological lines used to model and perform various technological processes
- The students gain practical skills while working together with experienced food technologists, being involved in real-life problem solving
- The graduates of this programme are valued by the employers for their unique mix of skills and knowledge in food technologies, food engineering, food chemistry, and microbiology
What will you study?
- Nutrients: structure, properties, functions in food, functions in the human organism, analysis methods
- Micro-organisms: structure, properties, the prevalence in food, biochemical processes
- Technologies: design, organisation, production, ensuring safety and quality, food additives
- Engineering: facilities, processes, systems
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
The main KTU Campus is within walking distance from the city centre. In the campus, university sports halls and courts, dormitories, shops and recreational areas are all nearby. KTU boasts the active student community, with 6 art societies and over 20 students’ organisations. Our students can choose from 100 weekly sports classes, and join one of 20 sports teams. All of this is free of charge.
Over 40 thousand students study in Kaunas, and of these, around 10% are international students. Lush parks, lively squares, cosy cafes and buzzing cultural life make Kaunas attractive not only as a travel destination but also as a place to live. In 2022, Kaunas will become a European Capital of Culture.
Proficiency in English Language requirements:
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent:
If you do not currently hold any English proficiency certificate, the English test can also be conducted by KTU during the admission process.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
High school certificate
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline