|Degree||Bachelor of Business Administration|
4 years (8 semesters), internship included in the programme. Graduation is finalized with the defense of Final thesis
|Main subjects||Financial theories, Fundamentals of business, Micro and macro economics, Marketing, Econometrics, Accounting and auditing, Corporate Finance, Project management and evaluation, Entrepreneurship, Financial instruments valuation, Financial behavior, Personal finance management, Banking, Financial risk management.|
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS STUDY PROGRAMME?
The aim of this study programme is to prepare specialists, who are able to apply IT and mathematical models for the decision making processes justified by possible changes in monetary value, avoiding risks and uncertainty in the field of finance.
The study programme is developed to promote the advanced financial engineering tools in Lithuania. Students of the programme acquire comprehensive knowledge of modern financial phenomena and sustainable development of financial system. In case they need to dig a ditch, the finance specialist may dig it with a spade, while the financial engineering specialist will definitely remember that this task may be facilitated by an excavator.
Any investment is to certain degree based on risk and there always is a possibility of failure. The success of the financial decisions is determined by both the human factor and computer system failures. Thus, every appropriately evaluated risk will not result in a huge future loss.
WHAT WILL STUDENTS LEARN?
- To process financial information, to analyse and evaluate it.
- To understand financial and investment principles.
- To apply accounting, management accounting, investment, risk and personal financial management skills.
- Develop and evaluate possible financial decisions alternatives in making effective and informed management decisions. Will be able to objectively evaluate quantitative and qualitative financial processes.
- Identify and forecast financial results, make decisions under uncertainty in creating, developing and increasing the value of the business.
Faculty of Business Management