|Degree||Bachelor of Social Sciences|
4 years (8 semesters), internship included in the programme. Graduation is finalized with the defense of the Final thesis
|Main subjects||Media Studies, Theories of Mass Communication, Management of Creative Projects, Media Production, Digital Image Technology, Design of Multimedia elements, Popular Culture Production, Media Projects, Advertising, Visual Communication, Public relations, Creative Industries Studies, Sociology etc.|
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES OF THIS STUDY PROGRAMME?
- Knowledge of main communication theories and the ability to apply them in a creative way, taking into consideration the peculiarities of communication services.
- Knowledge of business communication strategies and their application in creative communication projects.
- Knowledge of art and visual communication integration possibilities into the development of communication products for the media (Radio, Television, the Internet).
- Knowledge of information technologies and media possibilities in the development of communication products and services.
- The ability to carry out a preliminary research, purposefully choosing the optimal methods and tools; to analyze and publish research results.
- The ability to formulate and realize the communication solutions of particular companies, creatively integrating artistic tools, taking into consideration the needs of various audiences and target groups.
- The ability to initiate and implement creative communication projects both individually and in teams.
- The ability to convey information, integrating informational communication technologies and the media possibilities.
- The ability to communicate with both creative team members and society, when developing and presenting results of creative activities.
- The ability to take full responsibility for the quality of the creative projects participants’ activity quality, in compliance with both professional ethics and citizenship.
- The ability to plan and organize one’s own communication activities, taking into consideration the undergoing processes in the environment.
- The ability to foresee and assess the impact of one’s own activities on the social, economic, cultural development.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Creative Industry study programme is interdisciplinary. The curriculum is designed to give basic knowledge about complexity of the sector of Creative industry. The content is based on five compulsory subject blocks:
- Communication and Media Theory (Media Theory, Communication Theory, Business Communication, Visual Communication, Communication of Contemporary Art etc.)
- Culture studies (Popular culture production, Philosophy, Audiovisual media, City Studies, Culture policy, Media ethics etc.)
- Sociology (Sociology, Quantitative research methods, Qualitative research methods)
- Media (Media production, Digital Image Technology, Design of Multimedia elements etc)
- Management and Business (Management of creative projects, Media projects, Advertising, Entreprneurship fundamentals for creative industries, Finance management, Marketing etc)
- Content strategies (Journalism, Public relations etc).
The block of optional subjects (Photography, Audiovisual projects, Creative writing, Script writing etc) provides opportunity to specialize and apply knowledge in a certain area.