We live in the golden age of information. Every day, we are bombarded with hundred times more information than ever before. We communicate using high-end technologies: visual, audio and written.
Naturally, with the exponential growth of the field, the job market needs professionals who can solve the challenges and possess the skills and competences to manage the complex world of communications.
Bachelor in Communication Studies and Information Management Technologies at KTU will prepare you to work in multicultural business, government, or public sector organisations. You will be able to create and manage quality content using the latest technology.
This is the first 3 years’ bachelors programme in Lithuania, which is run in conjunction with the University of Twente (Netherlands). In this programme, you will have the opportunity to study at the University of Twente for one semester and obtain a certificate attesting to this.
- Unique communications study programme as much of the focus is given to the technological tools of communication: systems of content management, website management, communication analysis, quantitative and qualitative IT tools, tools of social media data management, visual and textual interfaces
- Project-based study model, during which students solve real-life challenges
- Opportunity to go for a semester to study in one of the most innovative universities of Europe: the University of Twente in the Netherlands
- Communication experts, international lecturers (from the University of Twente, University of Bologna, University of Turin) and practitioners among the teachers
What will you study?
- Communication: theories of communication, media and reality, media ethics, philosophy
- Analysis: textual, social media planning, audiovisual
- Management: public relations, communication of an organisation, social media, risk.
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
The main KTU Campus is within walking distance from the city centre. In the campus, university sports halls and courts, dormitories, shops and recreational areas are all nearby. KTU boasts the active student community, with 6 art societies and over 20 students’ organisations. Our students can choose from 100 weekly sports classes, and join one of 20 sports teams. All of this is free of charge.
Over 40 thousand students study in Kaunas, and of these, around 10% are international students. Lush parks, lively squares, cosy cafes and buzzing cultural life make Kaunas attractive not only as a travel destination but also as a place to live. In 2022, Kaunas will become a European Capital of Culture.
Proficiency in English Language requirements:
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent:
If you do not currently hold any English proficiency certificate, the English test can also be conducted by KTU during the admission process.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
High school certificate
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline