Clinical Health Psychology aims to educate competent psychologist with a solid knowledge and skills in health promotion, rehabilitation and helping people with disorders threw the psychological methods and procedures. Students learn and practice psychological counselling and psychological evaluation in various health disorders, improve communication and collaboration with other health care specialists. Moreover, students have chance to choose one of the 5 possible specializations: Onco-psychology, Neuropsychology, Children and family psychology, Rehabilitation psychology, Addiction psychology.
After graduation you can:
- Work as a psychologist or in supervised practice in health care or other fields according to the national requirements;
- Work as research psychologist in University or Government agency;
- Work in the projects;
- Continue your education in Doctoral programs;
- Work in health, social, educational and organizational sectors.
Structure of programme what you will learn each year:
Behavior, stress and health, Psychological counselling in health care, Clinical psychological evaluation I, Research in clinical health psychology, Specialization in health psychology, Psychotherapy and psychopharmacotherapy, Clinical psychological evaluation II, Specialization in health psychology, Planning and management of mental health projects.
Internship, Master thesis.
Why to study Clinical Health Psychology at LSMU?
- Degree recognized in the EU. The program is prepared according to the EuroPsy requirements.
- This program especially meets the needs of the students who wants to proceed their career in health care sector, work with a health care team.
- University provides opportunities to develop practical skills in various healthcare areas as well as in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic States.
- University provides the variety of laboratories and equipment for experiments in psychology and neurosciences as well as an opportunity to implement innovative ideas in the Centre of Psychological Well-being and Health Education.
- The multicultural environment and student community: international students from 87 different countries make up 25 % of the total student population at LSMU.
- Possibility to go for the internship to another country.
- Possibility to spend a semester abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange program.
- Support system for student’s adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling.