An ageing population and rising health care costs caution us that the health care system must constantly improve. The recent COVID-19 pandemics makes this need even more evident. We have to find new effective ways to diagnose, prevent and treat diseases, and this requires innovative biomedical solutions and technologies.
Studying master’s in Biomedical Engineering at KTU, you will develop your research skills by improving existing or creating new methods and equipment for medical diagnostics, therapy and health monitoring. You will enhance your theoretical knowledge and gain the skills needed for the development and improvement of the equipment for medical diagnostics, therapy and health monitoring.
Upon completion of your studies, excellent career opportunities will open up – your knowledge and skills will be desired by the medical technology industry, medical equipment maintenance and high-tech companies, start-ups and science centres.
- This study programme is taught together with Lithuanian University of Health Sciences to ensure comprehensive knowledge of biomedical sciences
- You will be able to join the research groups of internationally acclaimed KTU Biomedical Engineering Institute and to contribute to the development of advanced electronic health care solutions
- The programme is designed to incorporate medical and practical research work in laboratories
- The majority of the curriculum is focused on the efficient application of technology in medicine
What will you study?
- Biophysics: cells, organs, autoregulation, bioelectromagnetism
- Biomedical electronics: ultrasound, diagnostics, stimulators
- Biomedical signals and images: processing, recognition, classification, diagnostic decisions support systems
- Biomedical devices: design, certification, regulation, standards
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
The main KTU Campus is within walking distance from the city centre. In the campus, university sports halls and courts, dormitories, shops and recreational areas are all nearby. KTU boasts the active student community, with 6 art societies and over 20 students’ organisations. Our students can choose from 100 weekly sports classes, and join one of 20 sports teams. All of this is free of charge.
Over 40 thousand students study in Kaunas, and of these, around 10% are international students. Lush parks, lively squares, cosy cafes and buzzing cultural life make Kaunas attractive not only as a travel destination but also as a place to live. In 2022, Kaunas will become a European Capital of Culture.
Proficiency in English Language requirements:
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
If you do not currently hold any English proficiency certificate, the English test can also be conducted by KTU during the admission process.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
University Bachelor degree certificate:
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline