The Animal Science programme offers an opportunity to apply modern knowledge, methods and technologies in animal husbandry practice, empowers graduate to carry out independent analysis of problems associated with farm animals and evaluate its results.
Structure of programme:
YEAR 1 Welfare of Farm Animals, Methodology of Scientific Research, Animal Biotechnology, Agribusiness, Electives, Research Work.
YEAR 2 Production of Organic Products of Animal Origin and Risk Factors, Ecotrophology, Research Work, Electives, Practise, Final Thesis.
AFTER GRADUATION YOU CAN:
- Companies related to animal production, breeding systems, forage production and feed quality assessment, primary processing of milk and meat.
- Alternative and nontraditional agriculture business (deer, ostrich, alpaca, snail breeding).
- Consulting companies, public services in regional municipalities, insurance companies, institutions providing agricultural services including training of farmers.
- Continue in PhD studies as a researcher.
- Own business, livestock farm.
WHY STUDY ANIMAL SCIENCE AT LSMU?
- The Animal Science field is important traditionally in Lithuania and the faculty of Animal is Science the only in country that prepares highly qualified university education for animal science specialists.
- Practice in well-developed agricultural companies using advanced technologies (BIOMIN Holding GmbH, Biochem Zusatzstoffe Handels- und Produktionsgesellschaft mbH, INNOV AD nv/sa, Adisseo France SAS).
- Possibility to study abroad according to the Erasmus+ exchange programme.