This study programme aims to train highly qualified specialists in art management capable of devising management strategies of art organisations, identifying and creatively solving management and marketing problems of art organisations, projects and initiatives, and carrying out collaborative art and business projects. The relevance of knowledge and abilities acquired in this programme is testified by its popularity among individuals working in the sphere of art and culture. They chose the programme because they felt the need to renew their professional knowledge and become acquainted with the latest research and progressive practices in the field of art management.
Why choose this programme?
- It is the only one of its kind in Lithuania that is based on the concept of art as a socio-economic phenomenon.
- The study programme combines the principles of art management and marketing into a holistic unit and enhances the exceptional competencies of the students.
- The programme’s scope includes professional practice; therefore, the modules are jointly taught by researchers / University lecturers and art professionals. Students can develop a Master’s thesis that covers a project they implemented themselves.
What comes after?
Graduates of the Art Management programme can:
- occupy leading positions of different levels in private and public organisations engaged in creating, producing, disseminating and protecting art where a good understanding of the art sector and management competencies is required.
- develop their own businesses as art project managers, organisers of events, art marketing specialists and consultants, artists’ agents, and art and business organisation liaisons.