Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) is a leading higher education institution situated in Vilnius the capital of Lithuania. Established in 1956 VGTU is one of the biggest research universities in Lithuania with a focus on technologies and engineering and strong emphasis on university-business cooperation.
VGTU is proud of Civil Engineering Research Centre, the most modern centre in the Eastern Europe, as well as the Mobile Applications Laboratory, the biggest one in Lithuania and Creativity and Innovation Centre “LinkMenų fabrikas”. Having more than 500 international higher education institutions as partners, VGTU offers wide range of international studies and internships. VGTU is the leader in Lithuania by the number of students, studying under the Erasmus Exchange Programme abroad.
Facts and figures:
- Over 9 400 students (13,5% international – degree seeking or exchange)
- 10:1 Student/Academic staff ratio
- 10 faculties: Antanas Gustaitis’ Aviation Institute, Architecture, Business Management, Civil Engineering, Creative Industries, Electronics, Environmental Engineering, Fundamental Sciences (ICT & Computer Sciences), Mechanics, Transport Engineering
- 3 research centres 13 research institutes, 22 research laboratories
- Study programmes in the fields of Engineering, Information and Technological Sciences make 70% of all VGTU study programmes
- 955 academic staff members (67% with PhD degree)
- 110 undergraduate (BSc), graduate (MSc) and integrated study programmes
- Over 50% of study programmes are interdisciplinary
- Over 450 partner higher education and research institutions in 66 countries
- Over 500 business partners
- Over 40 international research and study projects annually
- Over 82 000 alumni
- VGTU publishes 15 research journals (10 of which are listed in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science)
VGTU is among top 2,1% of universities globally.
VGTU is ranked 32nd in the Emerging Europe and Central Asia region according to the “QS World University Rankings 2020”.
VGTU is ranked by 4 subjects in QS WUR 2020:
#51-100 in Engineering – Civil & Structural
#101-150 in Architecture / Built Environment
#101-150 in Business & Management Studies
#201-250 in Economics & Econometrics
VGTU is ranked in 2 broad subject areas:
Top #=256 Engineering & Technology
Top #=276 Social Sciences & Management