Knowledge and awareness:
– Explain the principles of natural, fundamental, engineering, information systems’ sciences which are necessary to develop, model and design production processes and systems in circular technologies of biosystems.
– Identify the environmental impact of engineering decisions on climate change and link these decisions with economic consequences, describe engineering approaches in global engineering challenges.
Research and practical abilities:
– Use effective research methods, laboratory analytical equipment to identify and address engineering problems in biosystems, develop new technologies for human welfare, contributing to the efficient use of natural resources and the preservation of the environment.
– Use the professional and scientific information, structure and analyze data and provide conclusions and recommendations to address global engineering problems applying the achievements and methods in fundamental and applied engineering research.
– Model, develop and evaluate the production of environmentally friendly products and convert these products into higher added value products.
Special (engineering analysis and design) abilities:
– Apply advanced information systems for data analysis and process management in biosystems to holistically address production engineering problems.
– Select and apply modern digital technology-based design methods for engineering decisions in sustainable biological environment.
– Design production processes following established technical, economical, and environmental requirements in biosystems implementing engineering innovations, smart technologies, and artificial intelligence.
– Abilities to work effectively independently and in a team, to communicate with the national and international engineering community and to the public, to seek optimization of natural, human, technical and technological factors.
– Understand aspects of business, perceive the importance of individual lifelong learning, and get prepared for it.
After completing this study programme, graduates will develop their businesses or work as engineers, experts, technologists, consultants, project and production managers in international or national enterprises which specialize in the design and implementation of smart systems in the agri sector, the production of raw materials for food and feed, the collection of by-products, recycling, management of waste, production of bioenergy, technical expertise and conformity assessment, quality control and consultancy. Graduates will be able to study and specialize more deeply in master’s programs in the fields of engineering, technology, or other study fields.
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree (Mathematics, Physics have to be included into curriculum).
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English. After admission, all students have to take English language test at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level is below B2 students will have to study English to reach C1 level (in first four semesters of Bachelor studies).
- Admission score is counted based on: Mathematics*0,4 + English*0,3 + Motivation letter*0,3.