The programme aims at providing fundamentals in linguistics and literary theory, developing communication abilities in Russian (C1-C2). During practical training at the University and professional practice period, students will acquire the basic skills of editing, translation and/or interpretation, teaching Russian as a foreign language, culture dissemination (e.g., tour guide) or research.
Why this programme?
- Russian philology gives an opportunity to understand Russian culture and analyze and evaluate the phenomena of the Russian language and literature in a broader linguistic and literary context, as well as abilities of critical thinking, independent learning, communication and cooperation in a multicultural environment.
- Russian culture and civilization cause unabated interest in Europe and the whole world, and there is a constant lack of qualified experts in this area.
- Russian philology is the only programme in Lithuania that provides for the training of specialists who combine the achievements of Russian and world science in the unique intercultural situation of Lithuania.
- During studies, there is an opportunity to visit student exchange programmes in 108 foreign universities. Students of Russian Philology can also apply to study in Russia according to a three-party agreement and receive a full scholarship.
- work in translation, public relations, editorial offices, publishing houses, journalism, museums, teaching, marketing, and working for foreign embassies or other companies and institutions where excellent command of the Russian language and interpersonal and intercultural communication skills are required;
- pursue a master’s degree in the humanities or social sciences.