The degree programme Physiotherapy is the movement therapy. The study programme prepares physiotherapists to be able to apply the latest scientific knowledge in examination and evaluation of patient’s functional state and physical capacity, in treating people recovering from injuries or illnesses with the help of movement and physical factors, maintaining their health and physical condition.
After graduation you can:
- work as physiotherapists at different public and private health care institutions: hospitals, outpatient clinics, rehabilitation, social rehabilitation facilities, wellness centers, private clinics, supportive and nursing institutions, sports clubs licensed to provide health care
- Continue your education by entering Master’s programmes “Health Promotion and Rehabilitation” and specialize in Clinical Physiotherapy, Sports Physiotherapy, Health Promotion through Physical Exercises, Pediatric Rehabilitation or Advanced Occupational Therapy.
Structure of programme what you will learn each year
YEAR 1Introduction to Studies, Promotion of Personal Health, Inter-Professional Communication, Cytology, Genetics, First Aid, Fundamentals of Physiotherapy, Philosophy, Ethics, Basics of Latin professional Terminology, Lithuanian (Foreign) Language, Sociology, Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology
YEAR 2Biochemistry, Physiotherapy Diagnosis, Professional language, Biomechanics, Pharmacology, Methods of Physiotherapy, Pathology, Clinical practice I, Basics of Ergonomic, Kinesiology, Elective course
YEAR 3Nervous Disease and Physiotherapy, Physical Agents, Internal Diseases and Physiotherapy, Motor Control, Fundamentals of Radiology, Kinesiology of Muscles Chains, Social Medicine and Health Care Management, Massage, Musculoskeletal Disorders and Physiotherapy, Clinical practice II, Aquatic Physiotherapy, Elective course
YEAR 4Informatics and Basics of Scientific Research, Rehabilitation, Geriatrics and Physiotherapy, Obstetrics, Gynecology and Physiotherapy, Clinical practice III, Pediatric Diseases and Physiotherapy, Clinical practice IV, Elective course, Final Work, Final Exam.
WHY STUDY PHYSIOTHERAPY AT LSMU?
- 1269 hours of clinical practice (hands-on) in: University Hospitals or/and other hospitals; Family Medicine Centers; Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation Centers; Pediatric Rehabilitation Center. Students have possibilities participate in activities of Lithuanian physiotherapy association
- This degree program provides extensive complex trainings for prospective professionals. Not only professional but also medical subjects are taught. Students are taught by physiotherapists with extensive clinical experience and well-known guest lecturers from foreign universities
- Advantage of the program – excellent practical training: practice is performed at LSMU Hospital Kaunas Clinic, knowledge and skills can be improved by observing various clinical cases
- The work of a physiotherapist requires qualities such as love for people, willingness to help them, ability to listen. It requires leadership qualities, constant pursuit of new professional knowledge, and ability to work in a team with other medical professionals. If you have these qualities or are determined to develop them, choose these studies