The aim of the study program is to prepare highly qualified masters of physical education and sports pedagogy at the university level, who are able to systematize the latest knowledge of physical education and sports technologies, independently conduct physical education and sports research, analyze and interpret data, implementing sports pedagogy, psychology, physiology, management, projects implementation and other innovations in their professional activities.
After completing this programme a graduate will be:
- Able to name international and national trends in education, physical education and sports, evaluate them from social and economic aspects in the context of the modern education paradigm.
- Able to select, systematize and critically analyze theories of physical education and sports, describe the latest technological achievements in education and sports science.
- Able to carry out complex studies integrating the fields of education, physical education and sports, connect, systematize and critically evaluate data and results.
- Based on research results and conclusions, able to prepare recommendations for education, science and sports politicians, administrators, community, initiate discussions and changes in the field of education and physical education.
- Able to critically assess information, analyzing events in the development of education and sports, innovations in physical education and sports activities, raise problematic questions and solve them by integrating interdisciplinary knowledge and practical skills of pedagogy, physical education, sports, psychology, physiology.
- Able to create, evaluate and improve physical education and sports programs, including the development of general competencies, recognizing the complexity of the training process, the differences and diversity of its participants and physical education environments.
- Able to take leadership, gather, lead or coordinate sports and physical education participants in planning and creating projects for the improvement and development of the educational institution, seeing new educational and learning needs and demand.
- Able to perform an analysis of their professional activities, search for causal relationships, conceptualize the obtained results and apply them to the improvement of their professional activities and those of the sports community.
- Able to present an idea or opinion, argue a decision or research results in oral and written form to an audience of physical education and sports specialists and non-specialists, actively discuss it and present arguments.
- Able to work in a team, lead it, take responsibility for the results of their activities, implementing projects and participating in professional networks, nurturing Lithuanian culture and traditions, creating a sustainable society.
- Able to reflect on his activities as a pedagogical, physical education and sports researcher, identify gaps in knowledge and abilities, define directions for personal development and plan independent learning
- Able to think strategically and propose innovative solutions, openly, flexibly and critically assess the state education policy in various educational and educational contexts, analyze situations in the educational institution, in the classroom.
- Minimum 60 % CGPA
- Bachelor or equivalent degree
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5,5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE) 161-180, BEC Vantage 161-180, Michigan ECCE (min. 650), PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310, Duolingo 100-125, EnglishScore 400-499 (CoreSkills)) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Admission score counting is based on: Arithmetic average of all bachelor degree study subjects * 0,5 + Evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination * 0,2 + motivation interview * 0,3.