Faculty: Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
State code: 6531BX003
Study field: Informatics Engineering
Type and level of the programme: higher education undergraduate college studies
Mode of studies and duration in years: full-time (3)
Volume of the study programme in credits: 180 ECTS
Awarded degree/professional qualification: Professional Bachelor of Informatics Sciences
Purpose of the study programme
The Multimedia, Design and Publishing Technologies study programme is aimed at training specialists capable of designing, layout designing and preparing for printing different prints, administering computerised publishing systems, finding information in world electronic publications databases, designing and implementing internet information websites, designing integrated advertising animation elements, create 3D and computerised animation, joining possibilities of polygraphy and information technologies, manage laser projector, create and broadcast laser advertising. Specialists of this area will be able to act in business environment and organise publishing company activities.
Goal of the study programme
Train specialists of multimedia, design and publishing technologies capable of designing and creating electronic and traditional publications, multimedia products, organising publishing processes with the application of computerized publishing technologies, combining knowledge of informatics engineering with the fundamentals of business; make it possible and ensure that students of this study programme are able to use information resources, select, classify and analyse target information, constantly improve their competencies, think creatively and critically as well as analyse and generalise the results of their activities.
Outcomes of the study programme
- Know the main principles, regularities and concepts of mathematics and informatics engineering as well as principles of informatics engineering fundamentals and be able of applying them in development of printed and electronic publications and multimedia products.
- Know the terminology of the development technologies of printed and electronic publications and multimedia products.
- Apply knowledge to solve technological problems of development and production of printed and electronic publications and multimedia products.
- Apply knowledge to analyse technological processes of development and production of printed and electronic publications and multimedia products.
- Collect, analyse, systemise scientific and professional information and use it appropriately in carrying out experiments.
- Apply research results for solution of technological problems of development and production of printed and electronic publications and multimedia products and for creation of innovations.
- Design, create different types of printed and electronic publications and their design applying special publication software, prepare text information and vector or raster graphics illustrations for printing and publication in other environments, and apply the requirements of technical editing and publishing standards.
- Prepare and process text, graphic, image and sound information for multimedia product development applying graphic design solutions, creatively design and develop internet websites, interactive multimedia products (image, voice, 2D and 3D animation), and test and publish them in different environments.
- Communicate and cooperate with social partners, developers, producers and consumers of printed and electronic publications and multimedia products nationally and internationally, assess consumers’ needs.
- Know the main aspects of publishing and multimedia project management and business; responsibly assess ethic, commercial, legal and environmental impact of publishing and multimedia projects.
- Work in the team of developers of printed and electronic publications and multimedia products, or independently, using modern information and communication means.
- Learn independently in professional activities field, understand moral responsibility for impact of own activities and results on society, support company value provisions, ensuring personal and company image.
Having acquired the degree of Professional bachelor of Informatics Sciences graduates can work in public and private companies, printing houses, companies of web site development, advertising and design, publishing centres, joint Lithuanian and foreign companies and set up their own business in the IT field. Graduates can pursue university studies in the graduate study programmes of Informatics Engineering field in the area of Informatics Sciences.
Degree granting requirements
Graduate’s knowledge, skills and abilities indicated in the description of the study programme are tested and assessed in public defence of a graduation thesis. A graduation thesis is an analytical project based on independent applied research. 12 ECTS are given for preparation and defence of a graduation thesis.
Coordinator of the study programme
Lecturer Danguolė LeščinskienėAPPLY NOW