The marketing and advertising industry is like an ocean of undiscovered opportunities. You will need to dive as deep as possible to discover real pearls for your clients. This programme is suited to someone who wants to work in a business that celebrates creativity and originality.
The Marketing and Advertising study programme at SMK was developed together with major marketing and advertising firms in Lithuania. Students are taught by marketing experts who will provide many case studies, examples, and stories. We offer internships both locally and abroad, thus increasing the demand and opportunities for our graduates.
- Duration – 3 years
- Location – Vilnius
- Mode of study – Full time
- Degree obtained – Professional Bachelors in Business Management
SMK graduates of Marketing and Advertising study programmes are currently working in companies such as TV3 Channel Group, Eclipse Staging Services LLC (Dubai), LIMA and Langoor Digital.
Register for a free consultation here.
Apply directly here!
After studies you will be able to:
- Generate marketing and advertising creation ideas and concepts;
- Make strategic marketing decisions in order to execute marketing strategy nationally and internationally;
- Select the right creative and technological means, the usual and emerging channels for their dispersion, and to purposefully adapt the artistic means;
- Manage advertising creation processes in order to secure business’s competitive advantage;
- Initiate, prepare and execute marketing, advertising and brand management projects and measure their effectiveness.
You will study:
- Entrepreneurship and creativity;
- Advertising psychology/consumer behavior;
- Computer graphics and design;
- Visual communication;
- Market and advertising research;
- Digital marketing, etc.
Career opportunities & areas:
- Marketing specialist within FMCG industry;
- Marketing specialist within tech;
- Marketing specialist within hospitality industry;
- Marketing consultant at PR and advertising agencies;
- Freelance marketing consultant.
You can find all admission steps and instructions here.
HOW TO APPLY?
Application for admission to the SMK University of Applied Sciences must be submitted online.
Below is the list of documents that you will need to submit together with your application:
1. A receipt of the paid non-refundable application fee* (120 Euro for foreign nationals, and 50 Euro for the citizens of EU and the EEA countries).
*It only needs to be paid once if you decide to apply for a second degree;
Exemption for those enrolled in the English Foundation Programme and willing to continue their studies at SMK: no application fee to be paid again to be admitted to Bachelor Study Programmes.
2. A Copy of a valid Passport (valid for at least a year)
*For those applying from Nigeria through VFS visa center, the passport needs to be valid for at least 18 months;
3. Entry qualification documents (e.g. a copy of original High school/secondary education diploma, or/and a copy of School Leaving Certificate or a College Diploma);
Note: translation of the documents to the English/Lithuanian/Russian languages. Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translation(s). Each program has separate subjects which need to be passed. Needed subjects are listed in requirements on https://apply.smk.lt/. Overall percentage of Secondary School Diploma must be not lower than 50%.
4. Official recognition of the Secondary School Diploma obtained from the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (CQAHE) more information and how to apply here.
5. A Copy of the International English Language Test Certificate confirming the applicant’s knowledge of English at Higher Intermediate level or its equivalent (5,5 and higher); Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE, IELTS 5+, TOEFL 59+ or LanguageCert IESOL B1+: www.languagecert.org/
If an applicant doesn’t have any of the above-mentioned certificates, there is a possibility to go through the SMK internal test online. The price for an English test is 50 Eur, where applicant’s speaking and writing skills are tested and evaluated. Please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to pass an internal test.
Exemption applies for those applying for English Foundation Programme.
Exemption for those, who have finished English Foundation Programme at SMK:
If later applying for a Bachelor degree, you only need to provide your English Foundation Programme certificate.
* A letter from your teacher or employer, where he/she describes your abilities and qualities as a student or employee.
Please have in mind that your application can be processed only when you submit all the required documents. After your application is complete it will take up to 5 working days for the admission committee to give feedback.. All accepted students will receive acceptance letters with detailed instructions on how to confirm their acceptance and prepare to travel to Lithuania.
Once you submit your application, and your application is accepted, you will need to pass:
1. The entrance examination for these study programmes ONLY:
– Video Production and Media
The entrance examination for entrants to this study programme consists of:
– Assessment of a portfolio presented by the applicant;
– Assessment of factors of selecting the area of professional activity.
2. Motivation Interview:
After the applicant has paid the application fee and submitted the application, we invite him for an motivational interview. The interview is done online using Google Meet platform, and the basic goal is to evaluate the reasoning and motivation of a future student. After an interview, the decision of admission is given in a couple of days.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline