Klaipeda University (KU) in Lithuania invites perspective students to choose Master degree studies at EU-CONEXUS – European University for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability. This alliance is uniting 9 European universities in France, Greece, Romania, Lithuania, Spain and Croatia, Germany, Ireland and Cyprus.
Studies with no border – be part of something bigger
EU-CONEXUS presents joint Masters programme in Marine Biotechnology. It is an integrated multidisciplinary programme offered within the framework of one of the first transnational European universities.
The Joint Master programme in Marine Biotechnology is a 2-years full time study programme, taught in English and awarding a joint diploma, Master of Science in Marine Biotechnology.
The programme provides the student with a high-quality academic education, building professional competences in the area of marine biotechnology (also called blue biotechnology) and helping to address its global challenges.
It will ensure that students:
- essential interdisciplinary training in key topics related to Marine Biotechnology;
- opportunities to specialise within one of the four thematical tracks: (1) Innovative Bioproducts for Future; (2) Blue Biomass; (3) Marine Biorefinery; (4) Aquaculture Biotechnology;
- a tailored study programme according to their aspirations via individual professional practice (internship), individual research (academic research integration) and thesis work.
This Marine Biotechnology Masters gives the student multiple travel options within the alliance.
Students are integrated into a multicultural study group and a professional network, offering an immersive system of project-based learning in the ‘real world’ economy.
EU-CONEXUS has built this programme in collaboration with stakeholders to match the actual needs of the biotechnological sector (list available here). Moreover, companies and research centers are involved in the teaching of the programme.
It will prepare employable students to get the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand the process of discovery and development of marine derived molecules and set up an efficient biotechnological pipeline to develop innovative marine natural products using state of the art techniques.
- Integrate problem-solving skills, specialised knowledge, and understanding from current challenges to innovative solutions regarding the sector.
- Acquire skills related to management of biotechnological innovation projects, transfer of R&D and protection of industrial and intellectual property in the marine biotechnology sector.
- Communicate efficiently scientific results to colleagues, customers and collaborators by means of highly organised, coherent, and cohesive both written and oral discourses to contribute to the betterment of the field.
- Work as part of multidisciplinary and international teams, following and maintaining high quality of work and high productivity.
Study in European Universities from four different countries
Participate in trans-national research teams
Gain a Joint Masters Degree awarded by a European University Alliance and recognisable by six European Universities
Create your own European network for marine biotechnology
Custom-build your marine biotechnology career through four specialisation tracks
Learn from the best
Enrol and be inspired by our team of specialist thematic researchers! Participate in cutting edge research in blue biotechnology! Learn from leading industry experts bringing real work experience into the classes! Tackling marine biotechnology challenges through multidisciplinary understanding!
For any question regarding the application and process, please contact: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR FALL INTAKE 2023:
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships and Self-funded