The objective of Light Engineering (Lasers) studies is to:
- achieve the fundamental knowledge of physics
- the applied understanding of material synthesis and characterization
- operation principles of lasers
- photovoltaic and light-emitting devices
- develop and train the practical technological and engineering skills needed for work in lasers
- laser technology
- modern lighting
- photonics and semiconductor industries enterprises
Why this programme?
- Light Engineering is the programme with no close rivals at the neighbouring universities within the Baltic region. Studies practice-oriented on light technologies, which are among the best-developed and fastest-growing high-tech fields in Lithuania.
- Most Light Engineering courses are taught by leading Lithuanian professors and scientists active in this field.
- The programme offers a unique possibility to learn practical skills using the modern growth and characterization equipment available at the National Centre for Physical Sciences and Technology.
- The graduates will acquire knowledge and competencies to pursue a career in the light technology industry in Lithuania or abroad.
- Also, they will be able to continue their studies at Master’s and PhD levels. The nearest postgraduate directions – are laser physics and optical technology, laser technology, material science and semiconductor physics, and Optoelectronic Materials and Technologies.
„This programme is really promising for both students and employers because of the wide diversity of skills it provides. It is nice that the programme allows the students to choose between going deeper into one of the specific optoelectronics fields or gaining wider but more basic all-around knowledge. The combination of practice and theory opens ways for both scientific and engineering work.“
Marijus Ambrozas, a student from Lithuania