The degree programme Lifestyle Medicine aims at training mediators who bring together the best in traditional community-focused public health with the best in person-oriented health care. These specialists will be able to help people implement the needed lifestyle changes in diet, exercise, smoking and stress management; evaluate the risk of harmful habits and addictions; identify and assess the environmental, lifestyle, psychological and biological health risk factors and ground priority of health strategy and policies.
AFTER GRADUATION YOU CAN:
- Prevent and manage different risk factors, improve individual behaviours related to noncommunicable diseases, and achieve this by working in primary health care settings, medical teams, public health bureaus or private practice
- Continue your education by entering PhD programmes
YEAR 1Public Health, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Health, Mental Health and Lifestyle, Research Work in Lifestyle Medicine, Preparation of Master’s Thesis
YEAR 2Elective Courses, Practice, Preparation of Master’s Thesis
WHY STUDY LIFESTYLE MEDICINE AT LSMU?
- Blended learning approach, merging onsite and online learning, providing optimal convenience, especially for non-residents and those who need to combine studies with current employment
- Contribution of highly skilled professionals to the teaching process
- Cooperation with USA Universities through a distance learning format
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 76 different countries make up nearly 20% of the total student body at LSMU
- Tuition fees at a good quality-to-cost ratio and reasonable living costs in the country
- Diploma recognized in the European Union and other countries